• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Missed Class?

• Thread starter Deleted member 14134
  • Start date

Have you?

• Oh no

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Dr Connors class

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I got so caught up in what I was doing

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I forgot all about it

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • He's going to kill me

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Shutup Bok

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 14134

Have you ever been so caught up in what you were doing that you forgot all about it? Did your professor kill you? Or did something entirely different happen? I need to know.

Last edited by a moderator:

karu

Panamaniac
There was an event going on, Give Kids A Smile, and there was this one group of little kids that started a petition to have their principle, who was supervising them at the moment, fired because he doesn't let them flip bottles.

I accidentally skipped English and Algebra due to that commotion. Though my Algebra teacher was understanding my English teacher on the other hand have me extra work and changed my 93% to an 87%.

I specifically told my principle I never wanted her as my teacher ever again. I feel bad for the juniors that get that sick son of a bleep bloop

D

Deleted member 14134

There was an event going on, Give Kids A Smile, and there was this one group of little kids that started a petition to have their principle, who was supervising them at the moment, fired because he doesn't let them flip bottles.

I accidentally skipped English and Algebra due to that commotion. Though my Algebra teacher was understanding my English teacher on the other hand have me extra work and changed my 93% to an 87%.

I specifically told my principle I never wanted her as my teacher ever again. I feel bad for the juniors that get that sick son of a bleep bloop
That reminds me of this one time where I missed class so my professor turned into a lizard and tried to kill me.

Djinn

and Tonic
My school had a fairly strict attendance requirement, I think it was 4 absences and you automatically fail that class.

I never skipped on purpose until the end of the quarter when I knew I had the time to spare. Other than that I would be there at the beginning and then ditch after the break if there was some other event going on.

karu

Panamaniac
My school had a fairly strict attendance requirement, I think it was 4 absences and you automatically fail that class.

I never skipped on purpose until the end of the quarter when I knew I had the time to spare. Other than that I would be there at the beginning and then ditch after the break if there was some other event going on.
What the heck?! 4 absents and you fail the class?
What if you're really sick or something???
Here it's if you have 10 unexcused absents then you have to go to court. But it's only excused if you have a doctor's note

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I tend to avoid missing class at all costs where possible. Usually University classes here have participation marks as assessable and part of this participation mark depends on your classroom attendance.

I have missed a few over the past few years due to being sick, having another commitment, or forgetting about it altogether but this is very rare.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I never missed class in High School, at least not without missing the entire school day. I've missed a day of school (sometimes even pretended to be sick), but I've never missed just one class.

As for college, most of the teachers there outright tell you that attendance is irrelevant, and that the consequences for missing a class are automatic... that is, material from the lectures will be on the test, so if you miss them, you probably won't get those questions right. If by some chance you do, then in their opinion, you deserve to pass anyway and it's questionable why you're even taking the class.

I've had maybe one teacher that counted attendance as part of the grade, and he wasn't even allowed to count it for more than 5 points. Interestingly, he didn't like me and attempted to cheat me out of those 5 points at the end of the semester, lowering my grade to a B. I did call him on it and managed to get the 5 points added back in, though. He was always doing stuff like that to see if I was paying attention... very annoying.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I never tended to miss just one class in school. I would fake sick and take the whole day off if I really didn't want to go in.

In university I only skipped a few classes. They don't give a crap about lecture attendance there. However I don't do working at home so I tended to go in to lectures because that was the only way I was going to get the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom