• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Met a Famous Person?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
A few such as the cast of the L Word, some Game of Thrones stars and a few rock stars but my favourite will be Charles Martinet, the voice of Mario.

He was so funny and passionate and had the spark for life in his eyes that you don't often see. I had a long conversation with him thanks to the fire alarm in the venue going off and us having to vacate the premises and hang out in the car park together.

He signed my copies of Luigi’s Mansion and Mario Sunshine. I wish Odyssey had been out at the time for him to sign though.
oh my heart

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I've met several world-renowned jazz musicians, but of of you likely haven't heard of many of them. Most notably, Ari Hoenig, Bob Mintzer, Mark Guiliana, GoGo Penguin, Wayne Bergeron, PJ Perry, Nate Wood, and I've performed on stage with Terell Stafford.

Aside from them I met Adrian R'Mante (the guy who plays Esteban in the Suite Life of Zack and Cody) at the mall once. I also used to live across the street from Aaron Volpatti, who played for the Vancouver Canucks and later the Washington Capitals. My old childhood social worker was the parent of AJ Buckley, who was a main character in CSI: NY. I have also met the band Hedley, though that was before they were famous (we had VIP passes to their show). The latest celebrity encounter I can recall was when Justin Trudeau was at my school, though I only saw him through the window.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I sat next to a famous former-Footy player/coach at a train station once, and was too paranoid to say anything of course.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I complete forgot! I also met Claude Giroux and Danny Briere in Germany 2014. During the lockout they played for Eisbären Berlin. I got Giroux's autograph and picture. Briere was late and in a hurry so he didn't sign for the fans

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I’ve met a few.

I met former Australian Prime Minister Bob Hawke at the markets once. I also met the Australian Foreign Minister (at the time) Julie Bishop when I was receiving an award in late 2017

I met the current Prime Minister of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern very briefly when I was working in Japan earlier this year.

During my time on that job I also met a bunch of Australian Wallabies (national rugby team) who were in Japan for the 2019 Rugby World Cup but I don’t know anything about sport so I don’t know their names.

I met the YouTubers Abroad in Japan and Sharmander on a cruise day trip around Kanagawa Prefecture. I also brushed past YouTuber OnlyInJapan randomly one day in Ikebukuro but didn’t have time to stop and say hi.

I’ve also met Charles Martinet (the voice of Mario) and had a decent conversation with him. He’s a really friendly guy and you can tell he loves talking with fans.

I served Ashton from the band Five Seconds of Summer at McDonalds a few times when I was working there since he grew up in my local area.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I run a youth Baseball league and there are a few former Major League Baseball players that currently coach or have coached in my league. I have regular communication with some of them.

I got to meet Eiji Aonuma at E3 2014.

I've met a ton of arcade video game celebrities as well, though my involvement with the arcades in the area.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I've met a ton of bands and musical artists.

I've met Buckethead, That 1 Guy, Amon Amarth, Dave Mustaine from Megadeth, Secondhand Serenade, who were on the same flight as we were at the time. Not a fan of their music, but they were cool.

My friend and I quite literally almost ran into Nikki Sixx in Vegas. Cool guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom