• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have you Ever Made Your Own Game?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Nowdays, there are even games that let you make games, such as RPGMaker (I like RPGMaker).

Have you ever made a complete game? Do you ever plan on making one? Could we get a Link to the game?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I don't know if you guys have ever heard of this one game, it was pretty small but I did work on it. It's called The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Not many people played it but I thought it was pretty good.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I'm playing around with rpg maker vx ace, and I'd love to come out with a game someday soon.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I remixed two of my favorites, D&D 3.5 and Heroscape into a game I called Dungeonscape. Eventually, I divided up every screen in Link's Awakening into a grid and had a group play on it. I still have a bunch of the stuff for it. It's not really my own game but I did have to harmonize and rewrite the rules from both games. I also wrote a very simple war game rule set for army men that turned out to be fun.

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Yes, I have made a 2D Platformer as a project for a computer programming class. It turned out very clunky, and wasn't the best thing in the world by any means(also only comprised of 3 levels). But we created our own platforming engine(however basic it could be), made all of our own assets, created level designs, and had it functioning within a single month. So that was a win in my book.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Not anything I'd call a proper game at least, I like to try out tools for fun though. I once followed a tutorial on youtube on how to make a pong game in LWJGL and finished it, which was pretty fun. If you've never tried making a game, I'd recommend trying one of those if you have the free time and the willingness. This is the one I followed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0S5Ded2IJY&list=PL513808FE7D9A5D68 Maybe even something more complex if you feel up to it. Other than that most stuff I could call finished are a couple rushed projects I've done for programming classes, which I honestly don't feel worth going into details about.

As far as stuff I'd like to make, I've wanted to make a simple 2D top-down action game, which I haven't progressed much on due to either lazyness/not having time. Last time I tended to that I made a simple shmup-like prototype on SDL C++, but that was just to test simple 2D collisions and seeing how many textures and objects I can have on screen at once. Not to mention I haven't even tried applying OpenGL to it, let alone anything in 3D. Got a long way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom