• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Had Your Heart Broken?

But, friendship-wise, yes, all the time. One day I talk to a friend and the next minute they go off and start talking bad about me. They use anything I say against me, exspecially my love for The Legend of Zelda series.

Aww, that's pretty sad Octorok. I've had an experience very similar, where a "good" friend of mine talked trash about me behind my back so he'd look "cool" for the popular guys. He called me "geek" and "nerd" because of my love for video games, but I found it funny that he plays them himself. I try not to let it bother me though. It helps remind me who my true friends are, and who the "backstab when it's convenient for me" guys are.

D

death_knight

I have had my heart broken just recently.

I found out that my older bro. (the most epic person in the world, who has been my best friend all my life) is moving out.

^That's not why I'm sad.....if it was I'd be some kind of creep. lol.

The fact that he is moving out is great for him and I couldn't be happier for him. Except, there is just one small problem.

He is going to be room mates with a guy from the church we left, and hanging out with other people from that church. (NO my bro is NOT gay.)

However, because he is going to be around these people, my father said that we must now treat him like we are treating them. (We aren't allowed to see or speak with them.)

^THIS has hurt me more than ANYTHING in my life. I have never been so broken. Worst part is, my bro. is moving out in less than two weeks. I have less than two weeks until I will not be able to see or talk to him again!

I believe very strongly in trusting and obeying your parents. Even when you don't agree. It's a struggle, I know.
However, as I have learned, a lot of times they are wrong. Now, it doesn't do to throw that in their faces or try to prove that you're right and they are wrong. You must still try your best to respect them....but when they are hurting people around you.....Stella, this sounds like a severe case of shunning to me, which doesn't seem right at all. I hope you don't think this is the right thing to do. And I feel even more sorry for your parents for going along and doing it to their OWN SON!! A parent should never turn from their own child. Ever. period. I don't care what in the world he's done. It can't be bad enough that they would just forget him, not speak or see him at all. And more so, command you to do the same thing! You're going to disown your brother? I'll be thinking of you guys in my prayers.....this just doesn't seem right to me, and it breaks my heart. I could see how a father would be stubborn enough to turn on his son, but what of the mother who gave birth to him? What does she say in all of this? Stay strong in this, Stella. I hope you do the right thing.

Stella3000

Starlight
Thank you for your input death_knight.

If you have read my other posts, then you know that I agree with what you said about how it is good to obey your parents.

So, I obeyed them. Even though I really didn't like it. Guess what happened?

My bro called my dad last night, and they talked for a very long time. When my dad hung up, he said that my bro was coming home. My bro came home last night! Yayz! :D

Things are working out now. The whole point of not talking to him was this: to get him to come back. It gave him time to think about things, it kept us from arguing with him about it, it made it so that when he did talk to my dad, he was ready to. That was the whole point. To get him to realize what he was doing that we believe is wrong, and repent. Sometimes, doing what is best for someone isn't easy. However, if we had just given in, and tolerated what he was doing, it would have made him feel justified. We had to make a stand, and draw the line. It wasn't fun, but in the end it got the desired result.

Sure, sometimes your parents can be wrong. However, a lot of the time they are right. In this case, I believe that they were.

About my mom, yes she had a VERY hard time excepting that she had to go along with what we had to do concerning my bro. It took her a while; but in the end she understood that it had to be done.

Now, we are working through this as a family. I am soooo happy my brother is home. So very happy. :zelda:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
*Reviving extremely old but important thread*

Yes actually.

~~

Unfortunately, I never get the chance to fully express my love for anyone. Something always takes it away.

A few months ago, this girl who I really liked was just standing there in the middle of the field beside our local park.

I went over to speak to her, and I found her in tears clutching her cell phone.
Apparently her beloved aunt had just died.

The thing is, I said hi to her in a really stupid way, by saying "Oh hai thar misshus purples" (it's an inside joke).

When I realised she was crying, she had a really wild outburst and screamed at me, calling me an inconsiderate *** who she regrets ever meeting.

She then ran away, and bumped into another guy, and she collapsed into his arms and they both walked off.

I was heartbroken. I knew she was upset, but I shouldnt have been so idiotic not to realise. I blamed myself, and I went home.

A few weeks later, I saw her again, this time with the same person. And there they were. Laughing together, which eventually lead to a kiss.

I felt incredibly sad, but happy for her at the same time. We could have had something like that. We were great friends after all, until that day. I've been told that I shouldnt blame myself, but it isnt the first time something has happened between us (as friends).

Meh. Maybe i'll find someone else in the future. But she'll always be there in the back of my mind. :3

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well I had my heart broken just about a year ago. Befor starting 6th grade, one of my BFFs had to move to another school. We told each other we would never forget about our friendship. The next year, we went to the same middle school. We chatted for the first month, but later on barely even said hi in the hallways. By the end of the year, we didn't even talk to each other. It was really sad. Then I thought maybe we can be friends again, but then I had to move away from the state. Right now I am healed, but I still remember the fun times we had.

only once when i was in grade 9, i was dating my best friend at the time, and i felt like he was gunna be the one
things just didnt work out he broke up with me and my heart was so broken, it took me forever to get over
i met the man im with right now changed all that so im happy now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom