• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Had Your Heart Broken?

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
The reason why these things can be more hurtful within a serious relationship, is because that person is one of the most important people in your life - which results in them being able to hurt you more than anyone else, even if they fail to realize so.

I can't stress how true this is. My wife and I are so in tune, its sometimes unsettling how often we think the exact same thing at the same time.

And since I'm so close to her, she can cut right through every defense I have and hurt me without even trying. All it takes is one flippant comment or a certain look. No other person has ever effected me like this. Hell, I'm usually a very laid back and easy going guy. Nothing anybody ever said to me before ever effected me.

Its not pretty, or easy, in our relationship. Because we're so attuned to each other, we fight more often then we probably should, but we work at it. I wouldn't want to fight with anyone else.

Stella3000

Starlight
^That sucks. What do you mean by "I'd rather have it broken by a girl"? Its not the gender that really makes a difference in my book. Girls can be mean about it too. No I'm not gay, but I don't think that having your heart broken by a boy or girl would really make any difference. Either one could be nice or mean. Its the person who is braking your heart that makes the difference.

Kazumi

chagy
Me? No. I have no mercy on anyone. Not like those heroes in the movies and books that always spare the life of the villian. I would kill him before he could even finish telling me about his plans. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person. Also, considering I'm only 11, I haven't had a "relationship" with anyone. I givve no mercy to my enemies. But I'm very nice to my friends.

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
I've moved every two years since the end of second grade, and I'm moving again at the end of this year. I've had to say goodbye so many times. I'm different because of it though. Relationships - no. Friendships - yes.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I've moved every two years since the end of second grade, and I'm moving again at the end of this year. I've had to say goodbye so many times. I'm different because of it though. Relationships - no. Friendships - yes.

That's sad. Are you a military kid? I would hate to move around a lot. I've never had to move, so I can't say that I understand, but I definitely feel bad for you.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Doesn´t everyone have their heart broken sometime? That´s life in reality and yes it has happened sometimes. But don´t worry, after sun comes the rain!

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Well, I'm young. Still in eighth grade and there's a dance coming up. There's this guy that I am like in love with. He knows me a little and hes really shy. I just admire him from far away which is werid because I'm usually really outgoing. So, I have only had two convos with him. So I get my friend Courtney to ask him out for me, desperate right? Well, yep that's what I do. He tells her that he won't ask me to the dance because he doesn't know me well enough. I took that as he hated me or something and I was crushed. The dance is still a ways away but I still am trying to get over this.

Last edited:

Amelie

Air Dancer
I have never had my heart broken... not relationship wise. And I hope it does not happen because I have been very happy the last few days with my relationship ^^

It is going perfectly and I think it is because we have been friends forever. I hope I never get my heart broken... But I cant say it WONT happen... I just dont want it to...

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I recently had my heart broken by my ex-girlfriend(the one that's in the pictures with me on the Picture Thread).
She moved to the town next to mine, and we could only see each other at tuesdays and Fridays... After 3 or 4 months she decided it was not working out and ended everything up. But she still says she loves me, but doesn't wanna come back.
I trusted her and told her things I never told to anyone, I opened my heart with her, and she kept promising that our relation was for real, and then, she does that:(

Amelie

Air Dancer
Sorry to hear that Skullkid :( I sure hope something happens for you ^^ Maybe you will get back together some day... maybe when both of you can be together more.

(hugs)

The Prelude to Miss Murder is awesome, Zeanith. ^^

I've never had my heart broken in a relationship, but in the subject of friendships (as people have been mentioning,) I have. Quite a lot, actually.

Although as of late I've been having a much easier time in that regard. Even people I used to be friends with until we had problems are now friends again, so I guess I can't complain.

One of my greatest fears relationship wise is to be led on. and made to believe feelings are being felt back but aren't.

My 2nd GF for example. wanted to break up with me, oh around Junior Prom. but only didn't because I had already bought the tickets. We even went on a couple of dates before prom, and she seemed extremely quiet. So I being the hopeless romantic, completely decorated her room with Valentines gifts. also the night of prom I took her out to dinner at a local fancy resort. I had arranged to have birthday gifts there for me. (keep in mind she already wants to break up with me while all this is goign on) We have a good time. go to prom. etc. etc. the night ends and life goes on.

Until church the next wednesday.
Just before I was supposed to go up and sing, she meets me out in the hallway, and gives me the gifts back, and breaks up with me.

couldn't of picked a worse friggin time.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Wow... that seems very cold to me. Im so sorry to hear that! I guess I dont know much about it yet... because Im really not old enough and Im only in my first relation ship now for just a few days. I guess you can call it that. But I agree with you. Being led on is probably the worst thing that can happen... it just sounds very cruel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom