• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Had Your Heart Broken?

C

Crystallion

I am curious, but why in the world would you stay in a relationship where you are unhappy? I mean, you do not need to respond to this, but it seems like you are involved with someone who you shouldn't if they make you feel that terrible.

You're right, the problem is, I'm afraid what will happen when I lose him that way. Despite all that, I still love him. I'm very fragile to be honest, and always when I want to break up, it seems love gets in the way once more.

It's really hard to explain though, but I think this will do ^^;

silent lion

ReDead
Love is, after all, the most potent of emoitons in most of us.

I've never been in a serious relationship but yeah, I've had my heart broken several times. I suppose everyone more or less will have by the time they're 20. And a crush can affect someone's life in a profound way, I'm living proof. The only real difference between a crush and love is success. If you love someone and it never happens, it's remembered as a crush, if it does happen suddenly it was 'love'. It's all the same thing really. And it's none the easier if you never had a relationship with them.

A

Alkarius

Relationships, no.
Friendships, Once.

When I was riding my bike alongside my friend, he pushed me off since his other friends said it was cool. Took a nasty fall while they kept laughing and rode ahead. Never trusted him again.

Dragon Tamer

Cold hearted...thing
My X-boyfriend used me to get to someone else but my heart wasn't broken. Then a guy i liked wanted to go out with me but was afraid that if we break up, then we will lose our friendship. My heart was never broken by these senes, actually i never did care about them.

Having not had a relationship like that, I havent had my heart broken, and judging by my lack of emotion, I think I have no heart to break.

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
Broken.. not so much.. Seemingly ripped out.. yes....This is a really bad place for this particular kind of Heartbreaking... But i felt kinda Heartless ever since my Grandfather's death.....:(

Stella3000

Starlight
Yeah I have had my heart broken many times. By family members, friends, crushes, but not by what I would call a real relationship.

My father has broken my heart more than anyone..... I've had some of my siblings break my heart as well. Also along with what Lenora said about having her heart broken by how some people are just so cold, the same goes for me. All of my friends have broken my hear except one who I am still friends with. One of my friends I became extremely close to fro two years....we both liked each other. I had told him that I had strong feelings for him, but his parents didn't want him to tell me how he felt because we were both so young at the time. After a while I just got sick of waiting on something that I doubted would ever work. I ended up showing interest in someone else, next thing I know my friend is telling me he has always been in love with me, and that he still loves me. At the time though my attention and affection had already been transferred to someone else(someone who was giving me the attention that I had never gotten from my friend: the attention that I had always wanted) and I didn't feel like I could go back. I told him this, and ended up breaking HIS heart. However, shortly after I begin to realize that I had always loved him, that I had always cared for him so much more and that if I had only waited I would have had everything. I realized that my infatuation with this new guy was not really love, and he wasn't right for me. The guy I was "bf, gf" with at the time must have come to a similar conclusion as far as we were not right for each other goes because he ended things with me. By then, it was too late to go back to the friend that should have been with. Even though I tried, it was too late because I had already put him through such rejection that he had moved on. In the end I ended up with a broken heart, but its getting better now. This all happened a good while back. I do regret everything though. Its all been a bit much for me and mostly I'm not happy with how I handled it all. I've always been fragile. Always. I had been, and continue to be hurt by my dad that I didn't want things in my "love life" to not work out. However I believe that heartbreak is un-avoidable, and inevitable. Sure its no fun, but just about everyone has been through some kind of heartbreak. You just have to remember that its not the end of the world, that you still have a purpose for your life, and that things will work out in over time. The good thing about heartbreak is that it makes us stronger, and helps us find out what we really want/who we really want to be with. IMO.

Stella3000

Starlight
^aaaaaaw. ^.^ Thank you Mike! That means a lot to me.

However I really can't take all the credit. You see if it wasn't for the people who helped me through all of that junk (Flex among them) I wouldn't be where I am today. I think that when you go through heartbreak the people who are your real friends/family and who actually care about you become even more important than ever. You realize just how much you need them and how much they mean to you. Because they are there when you need a shoulder to cry on, or some good advice, or to even just remind you that they love you. I can't take the credit for who I am today, because honestly it really has a lot to do with the people who have stuck with me to this day. ;)

Made_Of_Win

Hugh Jackman's Boxers
So many times, that I stopped counting -_- Sometimes, my bf can be so incredibly hurtful and just plain mean, that it sometimes seems like I'm dying inside. And I'm not even joking.

My husband can get like that at times when he is mad. I have anxiety disorder and used to take pills for it so he sometimes says to me "you're psycho, go take another one of your pills", which is kinda dumb because anxiety disorder, while a mental condition, doesn't make a person a psycho....it's also something I never asked to have so it hurts that someone would say something like that.

Thing is, although things like that hurt, I know he is saying it because he is mad and he knows that comment hurts and when people are mad, they say anything they know will hurt the person they are angry with. My husband loves me a lot so I know he doesn't mean it but it's still mean.

Other than that, he is the only person I have ever been with and plan on staying with until I die so I have never had my heart broken in terms of a break up.

Stella3000

Starlight
^You're married? 0.o Okay well I'm not THAT surprised....idk I just didn't know you were.

I couldn't agree with you more, though. People say stupid things when they are mad. I don't think that you should end a relationship just because of something stupid your loved one said when they were upset. After everyone cools down they usually find that they didn't mean what they said, or that the whole thing was just ridiculous and they were just blowing off steam due to stress for whatever reason. I for one have been there, done that. Sure I have a bit of a problem with it but honestly a lot of people do. When we get angry we tend to do things that we later regret....so don't take what he says to you to heart Crystallion. Don't let those things break your heart. He (most likely) doesn't mean them.

Claire

The Geekette
^You're married? 0.o Okay well I'm not THAT surprised....idk I just didn't know you were.

I couldn't agree with you more, though. People say stupid things when they are mad. I don't think that you should end a relationship just because of something stupid your loved one said when they were upset. After everyone cools down they usually find that they didn't mean what they said, or that the whole thing was just ridiculous and they were just blowing off steam due to stress for whatever reason. I for one have been there, done that. Sure I have a bit of a problem with it but honestly a lot of people do. When we get angry we tend to do things that we later regret....so don't take what he says to you to heart Crystallion. Don't let those things break your heart. He (most likely) doesn't mean them.

The reason why these things can be more hurtful within a serious relationship, is because that person is one of the most important people in your life - which results in them being able to hurt you more than anyone else, even if they fail to realize so.

It is a relationship in which the participants know or trust one another very well or are confidants of one another, or a relationship in which there is physical or emotional intimacy. An intimate relationship is comprised of two key traits: passion and companionship. To put yourself in a relationship that causes you to suffer to the point where you feel practically dead inside, then that is totally unhealthy. Everyone has anger, and if it is that bad - then communication within the relationship is key to learn how to effectively manage your partners emotions, especially when angry.

But if your partner is unwilling to treat you properly, or understand what is appropriate when communicating with you - then something needs done. What real reason is there to be in such a poor relationship, other than having feelings for them? I couldn't imagine that the partner would have such feelings if they were aware of how horrible they cause you to feel. I do not see how anyone could, unless they were sadistic.

Stella3000

Starlight
^You have a very good point there Lenora. If your partner is not willing to even realize the damage that they are causing then you shouldn't stick with them if they are treating you THAT badly. It all comes down to you deserve better. You deserve to be with someone who truly loves, and cherishes you. We all understand that everyone gets angry sometimes and that every relationship will have its fair share of arguments. However if it gets to the point where your partner is being extremely hurtful and doesn't even WANT to try and correct that, then you should consider if he/she is worth your time. Lenora is also right in saying that it is easier to hurt someone when you are in a serious relationship than just a fling. When we get angry we say things that we know will hurt, so if your partner really knows you then he/she might end up saying things that really hurt. Is this to say that you should just let it slide because its the same as when I said they are just angry and don't mean what they are saying but it just hurts more? No. Because if the person you are with KNOWS these things will really hurt you then they shouldn't say them no matter how angry they are. If they care about you, truly care about you then they wouldn't want to hurt you even when they are mad. It all comes down to how serious your relationship is, what exactly is being said that hurts you, and where you draw the line. All of this is your call. You are the one to decide how much you are going to take. Just think about it, though. Do you really want to be in a relationship that is constantly hurting you more than it is worth? Or is it really nothing to end the relationship over. Its up to you. You know how much your heart can take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom