• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Had Dreams About Events in Zelda That Aren't Real?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
When I was younger sometimes I would have dreams about playing Ocarina of Time, and in those dreams, things would happen that were not really part of the game. Sometimes when I would replay OoT, I'd recall the dream, and wonder if it was really a dream or if it was something I did encounter in the game. The most notable of those dreams was that a Gerudo Assassin could appear inside the Temple of Time and battle Link. This obviously cannot happen, but I had such a vivid dream that it could, and to this day I still remember it.

Have you ever had something similar happen? If so, share below!

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I first played ALttP when I was about three, and one of my earliest (vague) memories is part of a dream I had about it when I was a toddler. All I remember of it is Link falling down a huge stone tower. There were windows and torches along the circular walls, but no floors and Link just fell and fell with no end. Link looked the same as in the manual art work for ALttP, with his hair and hat trailing above as he fell.

I have no idea why this particular memory has stuck in my head for nearly three decades (don'tthinkaboutitdon'tthinkaboutit) but that image is still clear in my mind today.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I once had a dream about a whole new zelda. It was about OoT child Link making the master sword by collecting special ores. Kinda like a weird mix of skyward sword and minish cap. I specifically remember fighting a train boss and the starter sword being called the oracle sword. One of the ores was called draconic ore and it turned the oracle sword into a cool looking sword with a large blade and a dragon skull for the hilt and guard

A while ago I had a dream that Ravio from Lorule was going around solving puzzles and stuff (they were pretty vague and there was a lot of fast forwarding) combined with a lil bit of combat. After he collected 5 Dark orbs they made a portal for him to go to Hyrule to get Link's help.(basically the prologue of a link between worlds)

now that I think about it a more puzzle focused game rather than combat would be cool, but Zelda already has a good balance of both.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'll also add another one, but it is a completely different scenario. There is an obscure cutscene in Majora's Mask where Anju has a conversation with her mother that can only be seen if you listen in via the faulty wall between the rooms. It has to be done on the Night of the Second Day, I believe right at 9:30 PM? Anyway, I was messing around one day when I was like 8 years old, and I got the cutscene to trigger. I forgot about it, and then a few years later I remembered it, but couldn't recall which night or specific time it happens on. I grew impatient, and reasoned that it must have been a dream like the Gerudo Assassin one I mentioned in the OP, but I was absolutely sure it was real. For awhile I'd grapple between it being real or a dream.

I never could completely convince myself it was fake though, and eventually I did get it to trigger again, which was an amazing feeling to validate it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I can't remember the specifics of this dream, but it was a small rework of the ending of majora's mask
the only bit I remember is that the last shot is link running around trying to shoot a butterfly w/ his slingshot in the lost woods, just playing around, and my thought within in the dream was nintendo implying how link is a carefree kid now but he'll eventually turn into a skeleton [hero's shade] b/c he'll get lost in the forest, it was a bit unsettling

I've dreamt about the Wind Waker a few times and one of those had an island that was like a big stone dome and when Linked sailed into it there was boss creature inside.

It was pretty scary and not real but some part of me always expects to see that stone dome island when I play.

I had a dream when I was younger that Sheik accompanied me on my adventure in OoT, I had vivid recollection of him following me through the Market attacking the Re-deads with a dagger, and going through the Fire Temple too, I must’ve forgotten that it was a dream and I was adamant for years afterwards that it’s was a secret in the game and you could get Sheik to accompany you but of course that’s not true, I guess my dream must’ve been influenced by the OoT artwork of Link and Sheik surrounded by monsters :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom