• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Felt Locked Up?

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
So, I was thinking of Skyward Sword's new transportation method with the bird, and couldn't help thinking "Geez-la-weez! That world looks much more open than the ones in the other games!".

So, to go right to the point: Have you ever felt the overworlds to be a bit artificially cramped or restricted? If you've ever felt that, feel free to post why, or to reply to somebody else's reasons for doing so.

I'll start, to give an example: I used to feel cramped in OoT when I saw a fence, like in the lake where Jabu-Jabu rests. I always wondered "What could be beyond that fence? What does Nintendo want to avoid me from seeing? And what's with those rock walls? Why am I not allowed to go there?". Please, keep in mind that I was like 5 or 6 back then.

Has that ever happened to you? Feel free to go into as much detail as you see fit (even if you think nobody will read it, at least I will).

NOTE: It can be any game, I just used OoT as an example.

Last edited:
T

Tekniko

I never really felt restricted but I did feel cut off. Like I was forbidden to go certain places until I earned it. After beating OoT I realized I wont get access to everywhere I want :(

i only felt that about Wind Waker but that's only because i get lost easily so whenever i replay the game i don't bother with any side quests or anything like that because i know that if i do, i'll lose my sense of direction, also it's because of this that i never bother to get any maps for the sea chart from the fish

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Wind Waker. All that ocean out before you to explore - but you can't because the King of the Red Lions wants to keep you on the grid.

Twilight Princess. I want to know what is beyond some of those canyons, mountains and horizons. All that rock/land/ledges surrounding Lake Hylia, for instance, and the dead ends of the Gerudo Desert... at least at Snowpeak the un-explorable areas are sheer drop offs of death. Most of the places in that game just... ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom