• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Experimented With Drugs Or Used Them Recreationally?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I guess I'll go in order of first exposure.

Caffeine gets me started during the day. Coffee is the #1 drink of choice.

Alcohol I first had when I was 16, drinking at parties. I still enjoy drinking socially or with friends. Beer and whiskey in particular for the variety of tastes in both. I like craft beers and a lot of my friends in my social circle are big on checking out the insane number of craft breweries in our city.

Marijuana was always enjoyable in my opinion. Mellows me out and eases my mind when I'm stressed. I usually vape THC oil these days, which is more concealed and secure. Plus the lack of smoke and taste is nice.

Nicotine is not really for me. It makes me anxious and just doesn't make me calm or feel better. I've smoked shisha from hookahs, which taste good due to the flavoring, but ultimately are worse than cigarettes. I've really only enjoyed cigars every now and then.

I had Percocets for pain reflief after surgery. The feeling is pretty good, but I'm not about opiates. Just a bad idea imo. Way too addictive.

Azure Sage

Spread Smiles!
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The closest I’ve ever come to a drug was being offered weed at my high school afterprom. I declined. I have no intention of doing any drugs, ever. Same goes for smoking. I don’t even drink more than once in a blue moon. I refuse to go near that stuff.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I honestly don't know what should be done as far as legalization goes. I believe adults should be as unhealthy as they want. They can decide if the risk is worth it. Wanna eat too much? If you feel the benefits of enjoying your favorite foods outweigh the health problems, go for it. Wanna lead a lazy lifestyle? Sure, if you think enjoying your hobby is better than being healthy. The line I draw is when it effects others....so I accept smoking on the condition that it's in private.

Drinking and doing drugs, though, I feel is just as harmful--if not more so--to the people around you as it is yourself. Banning drinking seems futile. Banning drugs...? It was still a widespread problem, but didn't feel nearly as much as a lost cause as the prohibition era. I don't know if it's more effective to ban it or just accept it and openly try to deal with it....personally I'd rather see it all vanish from the face of the planet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom