• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Experimented With Drugs Or Used Them Recreationally?

Spirit Mask Snowman

~ Deus' Pug Smuggler ~
ZD Legend
Site Staff
Up until I got into Highschool I was pretty naive about how many people I knew who used drugs. I had friends who started smoking marijuana in Middle School, but very few. When I got into Highschool it seemed like a lot of my peers, and a few more of my friends had at least tried it and were using it regularly. However, even then I still had a mindset that we were young and that drug use like that is simply a phase that we grow out of as we mature.

I'm in College now, and many of my peers are still experimenting with drugs - we're still young though so my initial idea was still holding up. When I started working however, and interacting with various people who are a bit older than my peers, it became apparent to me that drug experimentation, or at least recreational use, doesn't end for some even well into their middle ages.

Everyone uses drugs for different reasons. I've heard claims that it is an enhancement intellectually, and it's used to boost creativity. Some people use it to relax. There are some people who even think they can't socially function if they aren't high.

So, if your comfortable sharing, do you use drugs? What's your drug of choice? Why do you use that drug?

Last edited:

Sheikah_Witch

passionate open autistic european female
ZD Legend
No, and I don't see the need to, really. My body reacts 'positive' enough on caffeine and sugar so I don't see the need for trying something else were I to do the whole 'ingest a substance to alter the way you perceive your overall state of being'.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
No. I've always been of the mindset that you would have to be completely insane to throw away your own mind like that. ....But I was once given a pot brownie without being told what it actually was. The experience was worse than I had anticipated. I was laughing and smiling, but I had no control. All sense of logic I once had was gone. I was against using drugs but open minded to their legalization, but now I'm completely against them. It's been argued that marijauna is the most harmless of the drugs, but this doesn't convince me that it should be legalized. It only convinces me that the rest are worse than I could ever possibly comprehend.

I don't mean to look down or judge people who use drugs recreationally or wish to experiment, but I truly believe they need serious and immediate help. Many people like to escape reality, but if you hate the reality you live in so much that you would exchange it for a fantasy--any fantasy--even if it were pure hell, you have serious problems.

I have experimented with various things over the years- the only thing I’ve ever done regularly is marijuana because it makes a huge difference with my anxiety. Haven’t used it in approximately a year, and don‘t plan to any time soon.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™

Little bit here and there. Not always for me, but sometimes I do it to unwind with friends.

DeusMerrilyOnHigh

~ ZD's Pug Dealer ~
ZD Champion
No. I've always been of the mindset that you would have to be completely insane to throw away your own mind like that. ....But I was once given a pot brownie without being told what it actually was. The experience was worse than I had anticipated. I was laughing and smiling, but I had no control. All sense of logic I once had was gone. I was against using drugs but open minded to their legalization, but now I'm completely against them. It's been argued that marijauna is the most harmless of the drugs, but this doesn't convince me that it should be legalized. It only convinces me that the rest are worse than I could ever possibly comprehend.

I don't mean to look down or judge people who use drugs recreationally or wish to experiment, but I truly believe they need serious and immediate help. Many people like to escape reality, but if you hate the reality you live in so much that you would exchange it for a fantasy--any fantasy--even if it were pure hell, you have serious problems.
Yes I have also heard some arguing marijuana is the least harmful of the drugs. It's true the drug doesn't directly kill you but it still isn't the least harmful. That is clearly magic mushrooms. There are plenty of harms which come from cannabis.

Researchers came up with this chart which breaks down the type of harm each drug does. If you're looking to select a drug of choice you might want to look at this. If you've an addictive personality then avoid drugs with a high dependence score like crack cocaine. If you want a drug that doesn't directly kill it's user go for shrooms, LSD, Roids, Khat (whatever that is) or cannabis.

I think every single drug on that list should be decriminalised. It is is not for the state to tell consenting adults what they can do with their own bodies. Making drugs illegal (just like with the prohibition of alcohol) does not reduce the drug taking and makes the act more harmful because criminal dealers sometimes mix their drugs with impurities. Just like during the prohibition of alcohol, dangerous moonshine's and drink containing toxic methanol was commonplace. And drinking still took place on a wide scale.

It is clear from the current legislation that the regulatory bodies could do with actually reading the research themselves.

----------

Anyway in regards to what I use. I'm not someone who regularly uses drugs. I rarely use alcohol or tobacco products for recreational purposes. I do have a vape and I find the nicotine aids focus when required. I also drink a lot of matcha tea which contains caffeine.

I have tried Adderall and modafinil which aid study. I recommend not doing everything last minute but those can help if like me when at University you dislike doing any work until the deadline.

I have enjoyed NOS which gives a short-lived high, it's very pleasant indeed. Some people inhale the Nitrous oxide from a balloon and some have died from breathing in the balloon itself so I'd recommend not inhaling the balloon if you are going to do it.

The next one I got very lucky with. I tried Satan's Spinach aka The devils lettuce aka mariguanas. I didn't turn gay from it but I heard that many do actually after injecting just the one leaf so I'd be cautious of this plant.

I have enjoyed morphine before. It's easy to see why people get addicted to heroin which is basically an impure form of this.

As for any future drug taking. I very much want to try some magic mushrooms at some point. They are supposed to be very good and many report feeling positive mental effects long after taking them.

Mellow Elfo

Po-Tay-Toes
I used to do marijuana a lot in high school. I started during a time when I was severely depressed and it helped immensely, though I would personally recommend seeing a psychiatrist for times like that rather than attempting to self-medicate. It got to a point at which I was only happy when I was high, so I was high all the time so I would never be sad. I wasn't addicted to marijuana, I was addicted to the intense feelings it provided me with. I quit when I turned 16 and while I did it very occasionally between then and my first year of university (and I mean very occasionally, as in only socially and not even at every social event I partook in). For the past 3 years or so, however, I have been completely clean save for the occasional alcoholic beverage.

During high school, I also experimented with some other recreational drugs, the most notable being heroin which I snorted once and never ever thought to go back because the experience was awful. Definitely would not recommend.

Marijuana is fully legal here in Canada now, and I see no problem with it. I don't do it anymore, but I'm glad it's legal. It's far less harmful to not only the smokers but also the people around them than cigarettes and even alcohol, and the market for it is huge so the tax benefits are great. I am personally for the decriminalization of all recreational drugs, because throwing people in jail for a drug problem when we don't even know the circumstances that led to it, is absurd.

Interestingly enough, I have never, to this day, smoked cigarettes, nor do I ever intend to. I find them absolutely disgusting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom