• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Dropped Your Precious 3ds or Other Handhelds?

Jiggly Jaws

Who is This Guy?
I've dropped my handhelds a few times.

The most recent time was last year. I was going through a Pokemon stage again. (Don't know if you guys ever get those.) I had dusted off my DS and got a friend of mine to lend me Heart Gold. In the middle of the throes of this addiction, I was talking to some friends and had the DS tucked into my hoodie pocket. It was then shoved out by someone else at random. It turned off as soon as it hit the ground. This was a grave sign. I turned it back on and the touch screen was busted.

I haven't had a DS since.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
believe it or not no
-excluding that gba from a long time ago which mysteriously disappeared and the psp which most likely got stolen-
the longest i've had a handheld till now is two years [GBA SP],and i've always taken care of it so it never dropped
for my 3ds,so far no;but its the gold zelda one so i've only had it for a couple months so its a bit early for it to have a dropping history [hopefully it never does]

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I've never really dropped any of my Nintendo handhelds but I've dropped my PSP on multiple occasions. Fortunately it has yet to break, but there's some damage to where the UMD disk goes. It's not that I mean to, but it'll just slip out of my hands or slip when I get startled by something.

However, people have dropped my systems and they've all broke. I left my backpack with my friends one time and my PSP was in it, and it fell from the top shelf of their closet. The screen completely shattered, rendering it useless and forced me to purchase a new one. Another time I was down cleaning out things in a local secondhand store, my brother lent out my DS to my neighbour's kids. He came racing down in tears later that day because they broke it and he thought it was his fault. The only thing that broke was the right hinge, but other that it still runs smoothly.

I've learned to not trust people with my handheld consoles.

Mido

Version 1
I've had a DS for many years now, I think it was about eight years before it broke. (At least the front screen did.) It was a blue 2004 model, before the days of the DS Lite. Man, did I love that thing!

Anyways, I didn't necessarily drop it, but I broke it while leaving it in my bag during school. The weight of my books apparently cracked the top screen, despite the fact that I had the DS in its case with the games. It still works for my GBA games, but it's difficult to play DS games now.

My Wii, however, was dropped, hammered, smashed, and impaled because of my silly idea to position it on a high shelf, as it was the most convenient place for its sensor. It's why I find it hard to play the Wii U some days, I don't have all the peripherals to play the U at its fullest potential.

Back to the topic at hand, I never have broken my handhelds by dropping them, but yes, I've broken handhelds of mine. My consoles, well, those have other stories to tell!

bunny

birb overlord
Many, many times... That's why I have a case on my 3DS now. It works dang well too because both the case and my 3DS are still in tact.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Yep. Dropped my 3DS walking outside and it landed in semi-wet mud. Dry enough not to stick, soft enough to cushion the impact the result: a slightly dirty but still functioning 3DS

Fig

The Altruist
Many, many times... That's why I have a case on my 3DS now. It works dang well too because both the case and my 3DS are still in tact.

Speaking of cases, my best friend Aaron bought my a Mario Kart 7 case when he kept seeing me drop my 3DS even though I saved it. :sweat: In fact he bought it for me as a late birthday present! I still speak with him to this very day, even during my senior year in high school as he left for college! :kawaii:

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I drop **** all the time. :xd:
I have dropped my 3DS once I think and it was because I accidentally knocked it off the table.

I also drop my phone frequently. Haha, there's a reason why I got the case I did. The first time I dropped my phone, I cried because I thought I cracked the screen. Thank God I didn't!

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i have done very good at now dropping mine, but i let my buddy borrow my Zelda 3DS so he could play ALBW, and his 1 yr old song got ahold of it cuz he thought it was a book and dropped it, and now my left shoulder button stick every time i use it, i have to push it back up every time, and in the heat of battle, its a real pain in the butt. But i know what i was doing when i gave it too him knowing he has a curious child. so im not up set until it causes me to not be able to complete a section in a game.

Only problem ive had with it is in cave story, where i have to scroll right all the way to get to the guy i want, when the gun is only on spot to the left, and yes ive died trying to change guns due the the sticky button

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Yes. XD

Although I've dropped it multiple times, I haven't caused any significant damage to my DSi or 3DS before. But my DS Lite is an entirely different story. I broke it... twice, I think? I don't remember exactly, but I know for a fact that we sent it in once for repairs. I think it got fixed, and I guess I broke it again... or maybe those were the same time. Huh.

I seem to remember my sister chasing my around the house while I had my DS Lite in my hand, and when she grabbed me, I dropped it and the screen blanked out or something.

But what I DEFINITELY remember was that time I was playing Dolphinz (yes, I used to play that kind of thing) and sitting on my bed when my sister came in. She thought it was funny to play itsy-bitsy spider on my arm, but because I'm immensely ticklish, I started laughing and squirming and my DS went flying. The top screen literally tore off -- except for the left side, which was hanging on by a thread. And guess what? It still worked! The top and bottom screens worked juuuust fine, though the L and R buttons and microphone were completely dead. So, because I couldn't bear the thought of living without my DS Lite for a short time while we sent it off for repairs, we simply duct taped the two halves back together. XD Of course, then Spirit Tracks came out later that same year, and there was no way for me to use the Whirlwind or Spirit Flute. I had to borrow a friend's DS just to play it. :P

Another funny story of when I dropped a portable console is fairly recent, though no harm came from it. I was playing the VC version of The Adventure of Link on my 3DS. I died over 40 times in that final dungeon, mostly thanks to Thunderbird. So when I finally beat him, after a moment of shock I quickly shut the cover to save that gorgeous moment. I was sitting on my bed with the 3DS plugged into the charger at the time, so when I leapt to my feet and tried to run out of the room to hurriedly tell my sister the amazing news, I ended up instead tripping and falling over the charger cord and the entire 3DS was flung out of my hands right along with it, going flying into the side of the laundry basket across the room. On top of that, the headphones I'd been wearing were torn out of it. But it's okay, still, sooo...

I wonder what I would have done if it'd broken right after my defeat of Thunderbird... XD

I bought a used ds and a case. A week later It fell from a railing and the hinge broke. Once when playing FF I&II I dropped my gba sp and majorly corrupted my II save file. There is a small chip in my oot3d 3ds at the front-bottom-left corner from falling out of my pocket onto cement because I put my case into my pocket then the 3ds and I was carrying stuff.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Oh. yes.
Not bad enough to cause damage, but I have clumsily dropped it a few times. I don't think there is a handheld electronic I have owned without at least dropping it once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom