• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Cut Class?

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
I skipped class once my first year of college. There was nothing left to be graded on for the semester except the final, and the only thing we were doing in class that day was taking a pop quiz on the reading, which we did every week. But the two lowest grades were thrown out, and I'd gotten 100 on all the others and it was the last class of the semester so I went bowling instead. I still feel guilty about it eight years later, even though it didn't matter at all that I wasn't there. My mom taught public school for 25 years and drilled a pretty serious respect for education into me.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
So I was a bad kid freshman year..... And we had this ******** class called "Freshman Orientation" it was supposed to aclimate you to High School right. Well, I didnt like it. It was stupid. So I skipped it.... for an entire semester. Im not telling you guys how because it would be giving some naughty kids an idea and I wont contribute to the delinquency of minors. Thats naughty.

Joy

The Sexy One
I quite often skip class, but usually only the boring classes that I know I won't use, like history, geography, arts, music, sport and French. Or when I don't feel like going to class, my mum doesn't care and will sign anything if I tell her I need her signature, or sometimes I just write my own excuse notes.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Cut class? CUT CLASS? The very idea is ludicrous to me. To begin with, I don't even have the guts to attempt something like that. And even if I did have the guts, I'd be too worried about getting caught and the consequences. Besides, cutting class means missing classwork or other assignments, which means having to make them up later. Earlier this year, I was absent from school for two days on account of being sick. And I spent the next two weeks making up the work I missed. I would never skip class because of the consequences and the missed work.

No.

I honestly see no point in doing so. Even if I'm not well prepared or in the mood to attend, I still go.

I find it foolish to lose teachers' trust by cutting class, care about my grades in all my classes, and prefer not to face the consequences of cutting class.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I did, once, recently but it was in accident. There were 3 of us- myself and my 2 friends. We were late going to class and the teacher locked us out. When I saw two of my friends (twin friend) getting out since a teacher called them out to the school library. He then said: "Just go to the school library with us."

We then decide to follow his idea and... everything went well then expected. When we arrived at the library, the teacher who was in there asked me and my 2 other friends to be in a forum and it was really fun.

(Forum not as in site, but something like interviewing things)

LOL

I'm deaf, For real
I have never cut classes. I do recall this one kid i went to school with in 4th and 5th grade and he would ask to go the bathroom and miss half of math class. The teacher got really upset at him for skipping math class because he used to do that all the time.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Yes, I have, but most of it was not because I wanted out of the specific class or I had something "better" to do. Back when I was in school, I was the bullied kid in class, constantly picked on. But while I was miserable, I also had a great sense of obligation, I felt that I had to go to school, go to my classes and do my best in spite of everything. Even when people gave me legitimate reasons to stay home, if I, personally, felt it wasn't a good enough excuse, I simply couldn't allow myself to stay home.

Then the year I turned 13, something just snapped one day, and I ended up running away from school in the middle of PE (we were having it outside). I didn't run all the way home, only halfway, and then my sense of obligation took over and I returned. No one said anything, it was already forgotten. The next time it happened I ran further, and the time after that I ran even further, when I finally ended up in my own street. That day I didn't turn around, instead I went inside.

This became my new coping mechanism. Whenever the other kids got particularily nasty with me and I felt I couldn't take it anymore, I simply got my things and went home - didn't matter if I had 1, 2 or even 3 classes left. No one said anything, my parents were not notified (the teachers had already ignored everything to do with my being bullied so I suspect they feared what my parents might say to them about my running away). Then one day, when the other kids got particularily nasty in the middle of class, I got up, got my things and walked out of the classroom. No one said anything about that either.

So yeah, I don't have the exact number, but I've cut a lot of classes in my youth. Thankfully at a later school I got teachers who managed to at the very least keep it out of the classroom and also gave me a place to go to if I needed to escape my classmates during recess. I didn't cut any classes there.

I cut classes a couple of times in high school (I went to school in another town, so a couple of times I would cut early on a friday so I could take an earlier bus home and get more of a weekend), but I was careful not to do it too much and make sure my grades didn't suffer for it. Same with college, would sometimes choose to skip a class in favor of sleep, but made sure to keep up with the material so that I would pass my exams.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Now what would a perfect kid like me be doing cutting class :O

:P

I do. Not a lot but sometimes it's nice to just skip a class and head to one that'll let you go there. I did it a couple times this year to just hang in the video game design room and play some Halo on the comps. And I got out of a Physics review, which didn't matter because I had a perfect grade in the class.

I never once skipped a class in high school. It was never really an issue for me; high school was by far one of the easiest experiences of my life. The problem is in high school they kind of have a **** about you because if they lose you is their *** on the line. Being that way, they hardcore take attendance and start calling your parents if you don't show up, etc.

And then I went to college. I don't think I ever skipped a class my first semester, but man, then second semester hit. I had this really awful political science class, and for the life of me I could not stand the professor. So one day I just, didn't show up, and you know what happened? Nothing. Not a damn thing.

So naturally that empowered me to skip more often, and every time I really didn't want to go to class I just skipped it. Every semester since I've had that one class I really just hated, and so the process continued. It's so much easier to skip in college I almost think it's mandatory to do it at least once.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I cut classes all the time ;).... I'm homeschooled. I've spent the entire day on ZD before instead of doing school.
There was one year, my freshman year, that we hardly did any school(not entirely my fault), My parents decided to make me redo that year while my bros got bumped ahead.

Homeschooling is nice because it fits your schedule, just remember to do the work or you fall behind real quick.

If I have to be somewhere by a certain time, I always prefer to be there atleast 10 min early. I hate feeling rushed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom