• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Cried for the Loss of a Pet/animal?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Cry? No. I'm a high-functioning sociopath most of the time.

However, when my cat was out down 2 years back, she was 19 and I was 15. No tears, just more sadness and depression.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I don't know what it is about me but I rarely cry however losing a pet made me very close to tears before but I tend to just bottle up my emotions :/

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Yes I have, many times.

One time was when we had to put down our pet duck. We had two of them, but one of them was dragged far off somewhere after a fox attacked the shed. The male duck was still there and breathing, but his neck was broken. None of us wanted to see him get shot, so we ran inside and turned up the music as loud as we could to drown out the shotgun blast. We still heard it anyway, and we spent pretty much the rest of the day crying over it.

Another time was when my pet black cat Momo died. It was my first year in college, and I was having a really hard time adjusting. She had a nasal infection, which we thought was just weird and gross at first but then developed into a full-on respiratory disease. She died while I was away, and that tore me up like no other. The fact that I wasn't there for her in her last moments still gets to me to this day.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
No, I haven't. I've lost pets that I had become attached to before, and yes it is sad, though I realized that they are either old, or in pain. I calmly accept this fact, and force myself to move on.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
The last time I literally broke down into tears was about 5 years ago when my dog named Sophie died, since then I haven’t shed a tear when an animal died though, dunno what happened to me…or maybe I do, after becoming Vain a year later I kind of got a grip on my emotions and as such haven’t been as likely to cry since. So overall once upon a time I would cry when an animal died, but nowadays I just frown and say it’s very unfortunate, rarely shed tears over such things.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
Yes. Had 5 cats lost all of them cried for the month. But the saddest was when my dog, nanuk died in his sleep at the age 15. He was asleep next to his girl.. Didnt even know he passed that night. Even thinking about it makes me teary. I remember just balling my eyes out the first night and weeping for the rest of the week.

Yes. My beloved pet of 15 years ran away after Sandy, when part of the fence was down. We had to let her out to go to the bathroom on a leash. Her collar broke off with it one day while we were out with her, and we never found her. And since her tags were on the collar, no one could contact us. I bawled my eyes out for a solid two hours.

LumiGem

He gave me LOADED DICE!
When I was little, my dog Oreo ran away and we never saw her again. A few years later, my beloved hermit crab Hermy died. Boy did the tears flow...

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh yes I did. I had to put my brother's cat to sleep in 2007. She was very sick and it was for the best she would be put to sleep. My brother couldn't stand it and walked out the door. I didn't want this little com-panion to die all alone so I decided to stay with her. I held her in my arms when she died. Poor little thing :(

Not hat I remember from death, but I know I cried when Maggie died. I know I did.

Once, we had a ct named Jesabel. I loved her a lot. She was pretty and playful, friendly if in a flirtatious way. Her one problem is that she'd occasionally attack me, to assert her dominance or something. It was something we couldnt' stop, so we had to take her back to the adoption center. I distinctly remember crying all night.

There are images that will always sticks with me: The look on her face after she pounced on me, the realizations that she shouldn't have done that, that she would be punished, and pure sorrow and apology. That was really what made me cry when he pounced--that look on her face. It was... I feel teary just thinking about it. Then her mewling as we took her back--as if wondering what we were doing, where we were taking her, and why. Why we couldn't' love her anymore...

But one of these distinct memories is happy. At night, she would push against my door and meow until I opened it, unless it was already open. Then she'd come up my ladder and sleep with me, just curl up next to me and watch me, protect me from the shadows. Often she'd ask em to stroke her. I always would. She was the greatest comfort to me on those long nights, most of which I was awake for.

I do believe that when i woke up the first night I didn't have her, my pillow was very wet.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
Yes, I cried so hard because the loss of my rabbits. I wanted to bathe them but all of them jumped and eventually my dad accidentely stepped them.. and then the rabbits bled and.. they died..

That is so absolutely horrible...
I'm nearly crying now. Pictures burned into my head for all of eternety...(don't blame yourself)

I was heartbroken when my grandma's dog, Bronx died. When he was little, he was run over by a Semi, leaving his foot permanently disfigured. He died of old age last year.

Another time, we had two pet canaries, Birdie and Sunny. We eventually gave Birdie away, (We didn't know it was a girl until it started laying eggs) and Sunny drowned itself. Sunny ate the crushed walnut at the bottom of its cage, and that was slowly...killing...it... *Stifles sob*

Last edited:

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I did a loooooooooong time ago when one of our cats die. I haven't really become emotionally attached to any animals since, so not in awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom