• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have you ever cried during Zelda?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Sometimes games really are that emotional, to the degree that they trigger a response from the player. Be it by a character dying, or maybe with a happy and satisfying ending, sometimes games can make us cry.

Zelda are games with fantastic characters, stories and events. But has a Zelda game ever made you cry? And why?

I'm an easy cryer, I'll admit that, but OoT's credits in particular always hits me. I've always interpreted it so that the Sages are all dead and what awaits Link in the sacred realm are their spirits. It's sad to me, that these seven years claimed the life of these characters, especially Saria. So in the credits when you see them assemble on top of Death Mountain and salute as the music swells, it always, always gets me.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I don’t tend to cry during media (or anywhere really). The only media I’ve cried during was field of dreams.

That being said, there something about the very end of Windwaker (as in the post-credits) that gets to me every time. I may not cry, but I’ve almost come close to doing so there.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Like Plinko said, I'm not really one to cry, but whenever I was watching the end cutscenes of TP and Midna destroyed the Mirror of Twilight, I kinda choked up, like "it's over now".
It was also a big feels moment when it's the end of WW and panning past the pirate ship, you see that the KoRL boat's eyes are just a dull yellow, and it's posture isn't quite right. A nice little touch to really highlight it.

I have but maybe for strange reasons. Something that manages to always gets me no matter how many times I see it is not even a mandatory event. It's when you go out of your way to talk to Mido as an adult after beating the Forest Temple. He realizes that Saria will never come back and is clearly hurt by it, but he also airs his regrets about being mean to Link while admitting that Saria had strong feelings for Link. Mido doesn't even realize he is talking to Link and holds onto the hope that the Link he knows is still out there. Which also suggests he does believe that Link is a real Kokiri despite have said the opposite. The combination of all of these things is really heartbreaking to me, and even just thinking about it getting me a little choked up. I agree that Ocarina of Time's ending is also quite sad. Knowing how it turns out in the Wind Waker makes it an even bigger gut punch.

It can be fairly easy for me to cry at heavy moments. Though other times I have cried have not been for exact moments, but just playing the games at the right time. Sometimes when I don't play these games for a few years and I come back to them during rough spots in my life I get washed over with pure feelings of happiness that results in tears. Haha, I suppose that sounds kind of silly but I'll also admit that the same thing has happened to me with Super Mario 64.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I've never been a crier, but I'd have to say that the scenes where Zelda was broken up with frustration over being unable to fulfill her destiny were very emotionally heavy, in a good way. If there's anything that would bring me to tears, it'd probably be that.

The bit when Daruk takes Rudania up to its final spot, wonders what has become of the Gorons and sees Yunobo; that's a bit of a choker.

I don't really cry as a result of media very often. The last thing that I can remember making me actually cry (and I sobbed like a baby) was Avengers: Endgame, and that was a while ago. However, I nearly started crying at the end of Link's Awakening. It was really more a result of the music than of the story itself. Ballad of the Wind Fish is such a melancholy song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom