• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Broken a DS?

Starchain1

A star
Ive never broke mine becuase it's industructable but I do know a firend who dorped it in a pool and it caused a few sparks and didnt work well he did it again with the same the ds but not in a pool in his sink it once again caused sparks but now the DS works

M

MasterXXXLink

No but when i was 4 I actually tried to break my Game Boy SP cause i thought if the screen broke then the game would come to life lol

Mute

一員
The closest I've come to breaking my DS was once when I got Wario Ware: Touched and played it every day, the touchscreen eventually just stopped working. However, after I left it alone for an hour or two, it started working again.

Because of that, I try not to use the touchscreen as much anymore, especially not on my newer DS. Then again, I'm over-protective of all my systems and I put taking care of them over all other things I have. Which is probably why that's also the closest I've come to really breaking anything.

Not presonally, but I have owned one. My friend got mad at his brother, threw his 1st Gen DS at him, it hit the wall and a hinge chipped off. For a while it didn't work, so he got a DS Lite for his birthday, but then the old one powered up again and I got it for free! Then the touch screen broke a year later and I got a DS Lite which is holding up quite well now.

octorok74

TETTAC
I have not broken a DS, but I have come close. Not only that, but I'm pretty sure my dad wants to break it and my brothers frequently threaten to break it. What a cruel world we live in when people threaten to break a gaming system.

T

Twilight_Link10

I broke the very fist one but I have no idea how one day it just started to turn off randomly so I charged it but it still does it luckily I got the DS lite just before it started doing that :)

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I've never broken a DS before. In fact, I'm the only one of the brothers in my family who hasn't broken a DS, which is why I still have the old DS Phat (I wonder if anyone else in the world still has that). Both of my brothers also had a DS Phat to begin with, but they both broke one of the hinges; Shnappy's DS screen became very out of sync and eventually the color went whacky and progressed until it was just white. My older brother's DS had the sound stop working, but headphones still worked. He could still play his, but regardless, both of them got a new DS Lite at some point. My older brother's DS Lite broke eventually - not physically, but it simply won't turn on or charge. He hasn't bought a new one since because he only really plays PC games now. I guess I'm just more responsible than everyone else. :p

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Twice.

One time I was playing on the original fat silver DS and I got really frustrated. I threw it across the room and you can guess the rest. I had some serious anger issues in those days... I wish I wasn't such an angry little kid back then... *sigh*

And another time I was sitting down, working on homework with a big, fat, chunky, blue DS (the one that replaced the broken silver one) and it slipped out of my pocket. It fell and it'll still play but now horribly mutated. The screen's massively messed up and it has a ton of discoloration.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
The only part of my DS that i broke are the stylus. With my chubby fingers and my eternal rage of evil activating after i failed at a mission or something in a game, i snap my stylus, and i had to replace them.....lots and lots of times.

Does anyone know if there is a metallic stylus or a metal stylus or a stylus that won't break easily?

NES

Awesome
I'm glad to say that I haven't. Sort of. Being the Nintendo fangirl that I am, I was super crazy about the release of the original DS and bought one the day it came out. Years later, the touch screen was a bit messed up -- it responded wrong on the left side and all of the corners. That didn't stop me from playing it even though it was really annoying and I couldn't do things in certain games. When the DSi came out, I traded that sucker in and ended up getting a discounted DSi since my DS Fat was basically in flawless condition minus the touch screen error. I'm crazy about taking perfect care of my gamins systems.

Gameboys are a different story, hehe.

I one dropped my original gray ds and half of the top screen was hanging off, but it still worked. I then got a red DS Lite which was was better.

R

rapture64

i lent mine to a friend, i got it back and broken touch screen.

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
Well right now my top screen of my DS lite just goes black when i turn it on. I have to move it around alot and be very careful or it will go back to just a pure black screen.

Mine's never broken, but software has become corrupt forcing me to buy a new DS. If I'm correct, it's due to a PokeSAV'ed pokemon I got from the GTS that was actually a virus corrupting the DS and any others I put the game in, so that made any DS I used it with never read games ever again, plus Diamond became unplayable, which is why I got Platinum to replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom