• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Broken a DS?

Link1432

Most Uncreatively Named
The hinge on my DS Lite has a nice little crack in it. It doesn't affect the operation at all, but the top half won't lock in place like it's supposed to. It just flops around, and my fingers on the L and R buttons have to hold it in the right position when I'm playing. Kind of annyoing, but I live with it.

I haven't broken a DS to the point of it being unplayable. First, I was playing pokemon and I was looking at my Pikachu and I didn't know what finicky meant (that was the Pikachu's nature). So then I asked my sister and she grabs the DS the wrong way and chips off a piece near the hinge. The DS then couldn't lock the top screen in place. I also wore out many styli and also wore out the A button.

On the bright side, I have a DSi =P

Kazumi

chagy
Kind of funny question but.. Yeah, I have. Twice. The first time I completely broke it beyond repair. The second time I broke it a little, but it still works just fine.

Now, the first time it was with my DS Lite. Which was ever so sad. It was a pretty terrible incident with a flood, that I would rather not explain. And no, my house was not flooded. It was more of my car.. But anyway, it ended with a water logged and completely annihilated DS Lite. Not pretty. Fortunately my friend gave me his old DS Phat to use, as I had to play Pokemon some how. Which leads into story two..

This time was a lot less tragic and awful, and my DS still works to this day.. See I was juggling around a whole bunch of things in my hand (Not literally) including my DS, and I kind of dropped it. One of the hinges that holds the top screen and the bottom screen together broke. So the screen doesn't stay in place anymore. However, it still works just fine. So that's all good. And I have a DSi now, so I only use my DS Phat to migrate Pokemon.

I hope that nothing bad ever happens to my DSi..

E

Evilchuchu

I once had a ds that broke in in winter 2007 but I bought a new one soon after it broke.But i'll admit that I actually cried when it broke:embarrassed:

Yes. I have broken one while I was “supposed” to be getting a shower. Instead, I was playing my DS Lite, sitting on the counter. (Yes, I had clothes on—sheesh!)
Well anyway, I dropped it while walking my Nintendog ‘Pansie’ and the hinge with the power light on it broke. My dad fixed it three times with epoxy—the third time, reinforcing it with a small piece of copper. I still have it, but it is now my dad’s when he plays MarioKart with us.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, I have done some damage to both my DSs, actually. I have both an original DS and a DS Lite, and I do use both of them. (Maybe the DS Lite a bit more. ;)) My original DS has taken some damage from my sister with a broken hinge, as seen here. The only issue is that the system's speakers do not work, yet headphones still work.

Now, as for my DS Lite, I don't know how, but I left it with my sister, I get it back, and there are a bunch of dead, black pixels surrounded by blue, dead pixels. So, I call up Nintendo, and they fixed it up for me for free (Well, according to the receipt, they completely replaced it. Same special edition model, etc.). I thank Club Nintendo for adding 90 days; otherwise, I would be in a world of sadness. :P

So, yeah, words of advice: don't leave your DS with your younger siblings, and if you plan on doing so, have Club Nintendo expand the warranty.

Last edited:

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I broke the original DS when I was walking up my basement steps. I was playing Nintendogs and lost my balance. My DS slammed against the uncarpeted stairs and a huge tan line spread across the top screen. I was so upset.

Steve

5/19/13
I remember my old DS had fallen out of my pocket once, and landed on a solid concrete floor, and it managed to open on its plummet. Then it landed and the hinged snapped, leaving the top screen hanging by the wires. I haven't had any problems with my Lite, but the left part of my D-pad clicks when pressed, which can be very annoying.

I got A DS lite which lasted till Christmas. It didnt realy so much break but something Happend to the the R button. It dos'nt work. So I got A DSI for Christmas and I dropped it so the L buttons spring dos'nt work. I use those buttons for item usage on PH and ST.

I had a DS lite . which a later the R button did'nt work. So I got a DSI for Christmas and i dropped it so the L buttons spring dos'nt work. I need those for PH and ST the to activate the items.

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
I had my ds camping with me, ( i know, kinda dumb) and in a rush to get to the beach i had thrown it into the tent without looking where it landed. later that night i was talking to my cousin in the tent and i felt somthing hard underneath the sleeping bag. i reached under, and there was my DS, with one of the hinges snapped. later that year my cousin had come to visit, and she was talking about how much she wanted a ds. I strapped a piece of duck tape on mine and gave it to her on a shopping trip to the mall. then I got a new DS for christmas, and it also came with a lecture about I won't get a new one again if i break the second one.

Moral of the story: don't throw your DS into a tent without know where it lands. :)

Hm hm! Hah hah! This makes me laugh! My family has had a... well, an odd history with the DS. So back in '04, My bro and I both get a blue DS, and I get a Nintendo skin* to tell them apart. My brother gets something stuck on the edge of the touch screen, so he jams the stylus up in there, and effectively ruins one DS. Touching in one place is the equivalent to touching about 1 cm to the left of it, so the right of the touch screen is useless, and no calibration will ever help. Then, he gets a light blue DS (still original model.) AND THEN, when the DS Lite comes out, he gets that, abandoning the sturdier and *opinion alert* more awesome model.

Me? No, I've never broken a DS, and have only ever had the original type.
For the record I've got nothin' against DS Lites.
*(Mario, DK, Yoshi, and Weegee on the top, Samus, Link, Bowser, and Wario on the inside.)

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I haven'r really broken my DS. Unless you count the R button not working. The R button just would not work unless I hit it against something hard. Then I got the Dsi and it was all better. Hope I don't break that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom