• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Broken a DS?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I was in the TotOK, and I was almost finished with the the crystal puzzle. I only had a minute left on my time, and I got hit by a Phantom while getting the second crystal. It took me days to get there, and I knew I was about to have to start over... and I just couldn't take it. I tried to close it and put it down because I knew I was losing my temper, but I was so mad that I didn't realize I was pushing the hinge in the wrong direction.

Needless to say, the DS snapped like a cheap make-up mirror. :(

I guess I'm never going to finish PH or even see ST now... but I sort of deserve it for not being able to handle the stress better. The DS didn't deserve that... it's my fault I wasn't a better sport about losing.

If I'd known I was going to react that badly to the stress, I would have given it away. Now... it's just wasted. I never finished a single game on the system, and I have 5 games lying around that I'll never be able to play, two of them still in shrink wrap. I haven't even had it for a year, and now... sigh.

Anyone else know what this is like?

P

PixelSmile

I was like this like an hour ago. I'm trying to do the final boss on ST and i keep dying or missing or getting hit making me start over. Tonight i've broken so many stylus stick things. My old DS lite one(broke because i was stabbing it into my laptop and it snapped) the DSi one broke by me putting so much pressure on it.. and it snapped.
I even chucked my DSi across my bedroom at the wall i was getting so angry. Poor DSi :(
I feel really bad for chucking it but it made me so angry!
I kept tapping on the touch screen bit too i was so miffed, like full on tapping hard on it. It'll probably break now :(
I know how you feel though. :(

The only time I've ever broken one was the first big fat chunky silver one.

I was heading to some destination I can't even remember, and before into the car, I put the DS and a guidebook on top of the car. I hopped back into the car, not realizing it was still on top of the car. When we finally got a little bit into our destination I finally realized that I didn't have it with me. We went back the other way we came, and I saw it sitting on the top of the road. The hinge wasn't' completely broken off, but it wasn't workable anymore. That was a really stupid thing on my part.

Ikana

Trollkastel
Have any one of you had a little sibling tap so hard on the touch screen and scratched it so badly that you can not use it any more.Ugh I hate my little brother sometimes he has done that to his own Ds and he broke it.My mom says I have to share mine if I don't she will take it from me and let him play it.It makes me SO MAD SOMETIMES!

L

link lego64

first i broke my dads. i was on pictochat and it would not write so i pressed down on the screen with the stylus so hard and a huge rainbow dot came on and i couldnt write there anymore. then i broke MINE and it was the same exept no rainbow dot.

P

PixelSmile

When i did abit of work in gamestation many people came in with broken DS's saying the touch screen had gone.. I guess this is why XD

G

Goron Guru

I have not broken my DS... yet. I'm surprised Big Blue still works. Big Blue's my original blue DS. Although, while playing ST something pretty funky happened with my speakers, as well as the hinge, so it may only be a matter of time before Blue breaks on me.

P

PixelSmile

I have not broken my DS... yet. I'm surprised Big Blue still works. Big Blue's my original blue DS. Although, while playing ST something pretty funky happened with my speakers, as well as the hinge, so it may only be a matter of time before Blue breaks on me.

Big blue as in the first chunky DS? :D!
Wow!
:eek: If that breaks would you be getting a DSi?

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
Yeah, I had some problems. First, the stylus lock wore out from being pulled in and out too often. True, I could have always gotten another stylus. And then the topscreen wouldn't work unless I pushed it all the way back. Still, it was playable. And then the microphone stopped working, so I had to get a new one.

P

PixelSmile

Yeah, I had some problems. First, the stylus lock wore out from being pulled in and out too often. True, I could have always gotten another stylus. And then the topscreen wouldn't work unless I pushed it all the way back. Still, it was playable. And then the microphone stopped working, so I had to get a new one.

I wish game consoles lasted forever.
Make me so sad and depressed to see them go.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Well, I haven't broken mine, but my sister did. I was playing it one the couch and my sister kicked it, breaking it to where I had to hold the top screen up while playing it. I don't use it anymore since I have a DS Lite now, but the touch screen's kinda messed up on it, and I think that's my mom's fault. She used to use her thumb instead of the stylus a lot. >_<

Oh well... =|

C

celibi88

yeah :P two actually; one was from anger (which iv'e gotten over since then) the other well lets just say i no longer trust washing machines

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Well I somehow overused the L button on my old DS so much that it fails to respond 80% of the time now (and jams about another 15% of the time). However, it didn't matter too much since I gave it to my little brother after getting a new one as a random gift.

Of course being six, my brother didn't really know how to take care of it and came to me one day complaining that the touch screen wasn't as responsive as it used to be. At first I thought he might have broken it, then I realized he had simply touched the screen so much that a layer of transparent grime had developed over the screen thus preventing it from registering stylus taps half the time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom