• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Broken A Bone In Your Body?

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Title says it all. Have you ever broken a bone, or perhaps, multiple bones? If so, how old were you at the time? How serious was it?
As for me, I broke my collarbone when I was four, and my nose when I was twelve. For my collarbone, my family went to the hospital where I had two X-rays done. I then had to wear a sling for around three months. For my nose, errm, I didn't really go to a hospital. I was in a lot of pain and I knew that they would make me wait in line for at least an hour, so I just went home, had some Advil, and put a cool cloth on my head. It healed in a month or so, though the bridge of my nose is still a little fatter compared to before!
So what about you guys? Feel free to share a brief story about what happened if you wish. ^^

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I was born with glass bones and paper skin...

Seriously, though, I have never broken a bone in my body. I'd love to know what it's like - minus the pain of course - but I have no intentions on breaking anything in my body if I can so help it. :)

I've broken my right arm three times in three different places. The first time jumped off a slide trying to be Buzz Lightyear, the second time I was playing football and it got smashed under a pile of people, and the third time I was playing basketball and got hit in midair and landed on my hands wrong.

I also busted my chin open twice. Idk if that counts.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Separated shoulder, hyper extended elbow, torn cartridge in knee, severely sprained ankle, concussion (any guesses on which sport I played in high school? :P)... never a broken bone. Maybe a toe.

Clank

Hmm
I have never broken anything due to be extremely over cautious, and thus not getting into any situations where that could happen...

Thus I lead a dull, but safe life.

Magatha

Magatha
Never broken a bone.

The worst I have done is sprain my dominant wrist and have to wear a brace for a couple weeks. That was not too bad, what was the most annoying bit was that it happened just before I had to take the Ohio Graduation Test in 10th Grade. Writing and filling in bubbles is awkward when you cannot bend your wrist...

I did manage to sculpt Medusa then by doing most of the work left-handed. ^^

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
Never broken a bone in my body. My cousin smashed a cutting board over my head, but thankfully he didn't kill me.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I have had three in total. The first one was five years ago. I broke my big toe from dropping a shotput on it during our school's Track meet... because I'm an idiot. The second time was just 3 years ago, when I was mountain biking with some friends. I hit a tree root that I did not see, which caused my bike to flip forwards and fling me off. I ended up breaking my left arm from landing on it. The most recent was just over a week ago. I was helping my dad with some renovations, and I smashed a hammer into my thumb, thus breaking it. It is not fully healed as of yet, but at least it doesn't hurt anymore.

Not sure if this counts, as it wasn't a break, but I did almost cut my finger off when I was 2. Even though I was not allowed to use it, I decided to try using our exercise bike. Of course, my sister was babysitting, but all she was doing was chatting on the phone with her boyfriend. Anyway, the bike was spinning extremely fast, and I wanted to stop it. It was a terrible choice, as I now have a large scar on my right index finger. Note to self: do NOT attempt to stop a bike by sticking your finger in the disc brake... When we got to the doctor, my finger was covered in blood, and only holding on by half the bone and a little bit of skin.

Ya, I was not the smartest kid... When I was 8, I sprained my wrist quite badly by attempting to rollerblade off of a 2 foot curb. It didn't work out so well... Earlier that day, I had gotten my pinkie finger run over by a fast moving skateboard, and it started bleeding like crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom