• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have you ever bought games through a meet up?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Whether it be craigslist, Offer up, facebook groups, or you know, any sort of online interaction w/ strangers, have you ever met w/ someone in person to buy a game? How often have you done so? Any noteworthy interactions or deals?

The first time I did so was in either 2014 or 2015 using craigslist. And ever since then, I've used craigslist for video games a fair number of times. Then about 2 ish years back, craigslist deals in my area have begun to dry up so then I switched to Offer up. Altogether, I've probably done at least 20 meetings b/w them. They've all been good interactions so far fortunately, sold some stuff too.

The only bad one was when I was messaging this guy for the meet up location at the mall. Up to the very last minute, he stopped replying to me when I arrived. This was before I could drive so I had to ask my mom for a ride, so that felt a bit embarrassing having her drive me to the mall for nothing, b/c there was no reason for me not to think the deal wouldn't still be happening. Screw that guy, but at least there's been nothing worse since.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I've never used any services like Craigslist, Offer Up, or the likes. I usually buy games new if they aren't that old. For older games, I used to go to Gamestop over a decade ago, mainly to add to my Gamecube library. When they stopped displaying Gamecube games in store, I started using their online service, but in 2018 I had a bad experience with it. Now if I want to go retro game hunting, I go downtown to a retro game/comic book store that I found when I was teenager, but back then I would use Gamestop more because it was closer. I've also made purchases from eStarland games, and they have never failed me yet.

There was one time when I was 16 that I hung out with a friend and he introduced me to someone who had games he tried selling to Gamestop but they wouldn't take them. They ended up being Gamecube games, so I bought the ones I didn't have. That was one of the only times I bought games through a meetup, but it was a coincidence.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I bought my PS4 off a Facebook marketplace and it came with 2 controllers and three games, but that's the only thing I can think of. Other than that, all the used games I've bought have been from stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom