• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Been Trolled or Trolled Someone?

We all know that a "troll" is basically "someone who posts inflammatory extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

Anyway, for me it goes both ways. I have trolled as well as been trolled.

Friend: Hey, I need help with something in the game.
Me: Yeah what with?
Friend: Make me a sandwich

There is no way to even make anything edible in the game at all.

Today I set up a password on my cellphone which is "give it back" and asked my dad what Facebook page he was looking at, his fiance asked me to hand her my phone, in which I did, and asked what my password was, so I did.

octorok74

TETTAC
Yeah, this happens to me a lot. Not as much on here though now. My friend trolls a lot of people on Xbox LIVE and sometimes he carries it over when we play. He is very clever.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Yup. I've been embroiled in some very interesting circumstances with trolls. I used to have an intolerable aversion to seeing people pick on others by, as the definition above goes, trying to draw out a psychological response. I was of the mindset that the sooner that "harassment" (as I came to see it) ended, the better. So I'd taken it upon myself to dispose of online bullying, thus earning the title "Troll-Slayer" [Slayer being a figurative term; not literal].

Conversely I oftentimes joke with people, but never to the point where it has a hurtful, psychological effect; aka trolling.

Still, I can't help but wonder why or how genuine trolls gain delight from being inflammatory [talking about the bullying breed]. What are they thinking as they intentionally make victims out of someone by targeting their sensitivities? Are they also this way in real life? It bugs me even more that bystanders actually enjoy seeing this sort of mentality develop.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I don't think you can spend any long amount of time online and not run into trolling. For what its' worth with me...

Um... once upon a time, I was one of the favorite topics of Fandom Wank. To be fair, I *am* ashamed of a lot of the opinions I held back then and the way I went about things, so I'll admit to "deserving" it - except that I don't thing *anyone* deserves what they dish out. I don't know, maybe politicians who actually affect the world or something, but not people being dumb in fandom... People actually followed me to the Livejournals I kept at the time and e-mailed me specifically to tell me that I'd been "Wanked." FW is a large part of why I left LiveJournal completely and why I consequently refuse to try Facebook. Also, much of my wankery came as a result of me being online friends, then enemies, with someone who brought out the "volatile" in me - said person and I went our seperate ways years ago and, as far as I'm concerned, may have dropped clean off the planet and I wouldn't know about it. I think it is unlikely that I'll get "wanked" again, unless of course someone from FW reads this site and goes "Oh, noes! Someone is blaspheming the high holy name of Fandom Wank! Let's get her!"

I remember "trolling" a little on a Livejournal community I was on - though, from my perspective, the "trolling" was simply saying "Your new rules are unfair and you people are d*cks" when I thought the admins were being horrible and just making rules to increase the generation of "wank" on their site. (The admins there struck me as troll-admins, like they'd stopped caring about their com when it got too big for them). I called them out on how unfair I thought their rules were, but in the face of the admins blustering in and almost everybody else on the site kow-towing to them, I just gave up and said I was "trolling." I did enjoy getting a bit of a rise from the community, so I guess you could say I was trolling. - So, if and when I ever troll, it's actually less for the lulz and more for petty anger and some misguided sense of justice.

Last edited:
Yes, I've trolled some people in the past but it's an immature prank I rarely engage in nowadays unless I'm very angry at someone or have a lot of rage pent up in general.

During the days when I involved myself with "drama" on forums, I was often trolled and threatened but nowadays I tend to ignore the darker side of the internet and let others deal with it.

There are better things to do in your spare time than harass someone over the Internet. Some people need to get a life; if they're experiencing anxiety issues or stressful situations, a talk with someone caring is always the solution, not unleashing problems on someone else.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Have I been trolled? No. Do I troll? Not really. More of a "Trolling IRL" type of guy. I need satisfaction of seeing a persons face.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I have done both in my lifetime. Both are exhilirating. I love being trolled. I love trolling. Of course, where PR is concerned, I'll put my serious face on:

MC0gNkL.png

But where PR is not concerned (I.E all PC games), I troll out the wazoo. I won't repeat what I SAY to troll as it is pretty offensive, but I really only do it for the rage. Some actions that I do - camping, turtling, corpsebeating - act as sufficient trolls in gaming. :3

I never liked trolling so I don't troll other members. I have been trolled before and personally, I just put my ***** face on and take no crap from anyone

then I realised the best part is to just ignore trolls cause they might go away eventually lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom