• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever 100% a Modern Zelda Game Without a Guide?

I'm really interested to see if anyone has 100% completed a modern, 3D Zelda game without any help or guide. This would include:
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
The Wind Waker
Twlight Princess

Skyward Sword not so much since there is dowsing which makes it way easier.

For example, I could not imagine someone playing through OoT, finding every heart peice, every item, every Skulltula, every Big Poe, etc. without having to check a guide. Especially Twilight Princess, with all the Poe Souls which are very well hidden.

If you have done it, please share your experience, and please omit any other games other than the four listed above.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I've 100% both Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword without a guide. I'm literally a heart away from getting 100% on Majora's Mask. As for Ocarina of Time, I'm missing a heart and a few Golden Skulltulas. I dunno, I've had OoT and MM for years now, but for some reason I've never bothered "finishing" them. o_o

Wind Waker... Yeah, it looks more like a minimalist run than anything else.

bunny

birb overlord
Yup. When Skyward Sword first came out, I swore to myself that I would 100% it without a guide. It took me a week to completely beat the game. Other than that, no. I usually get tired of looking for stuff and give into the good ol' internet search. It was different for Skyward Sword because there wasn't a guide at the time.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh yes, definitely.
Ocarina of Time [3D] is a very easy one to 100%, and I've done it with a guide, without a guide, and other ways too! :)

Majora's Mask continues to elude me; I often forget the locations of a few stray fairies here and there, as well as the times when Sidequests start. I suppose if I used a guide, 100%ed the game, then took time to MEMORIZE the locations of everything in-game, I could do it. :3

The Wind Waker I almost 100%ed. I was so close to doing so, but you know what happened to me? Figurines! I just couldn't take it anymore, so I gave up. :I
Twilight Princess was successfully 100%ed. It is a hard one due to the Poe Souls!

Skyward Sword is the easiest game to 100%. You have dowsing (which really isn't a guide so much as it is your own tool that you can use at your own discretion), and even without dowsing most of the "secrets" are already along the path you're traveling, with slight deviation from the main quest required at X many points. SS was done many moons ago :3

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were a breeze to 100%. The Wind Waker because there's an island on every square, so they're not that hard to find, and Twilight Princess because everything was handed to you on a silver platter. I did 100% Skyward Sword without a guide, but without the dowsing mechanism, I probably wouldn't have accomplished that. Not ashamed to admit that, either. I'm ****ing glad a Zelda game was able to do that to a (at the time) 12-year, hardcore Zelda veteran.

I've beaten WW pretty much 100%...including all of the figurines. God, I had so much time back then XD I'm pretty sure I played that game enough to go through it in my sleep, so no guide needed :D
I was in high school at the time I played SS (and as of now) so there was no way I was beating that 100%. I did the bare bones to get through the main quest. I didn't use a guide but I used the helping stone a few times.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I 100% all of them without a guide. And yes, if you would believe it, I 100% OoT without a guide or a rumble pack. I literally scoured Hyrule field, bombing randomly.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Every single of those games you listed, It's really not that hard if you put enough time into it. :xd:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom