• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever 100% a Modern Zelda Game Without a Guide?

every time i play or replay a zelda game i always 100% the game (except wind waker seriously a side quest that takes two playthroughs good idea just no patience i guess)

The only game I finished 100% is the Minish Cap

After playing that game over 300 times I figured I should finish it 100% thoroughly :p

Actually, I've beat all of those without a guide. I didn't do It by myself though, had some help from cousin and uncle, but I doubt they actually bothered themselves to read walkthroughs. From OoT to WW I didn't have a computer, by the time I got TP I already had one, but I already got used to all of the exploration that I felt like It would get in the way of the fun.

This is going to sound like a dumb question, but this seems like the place to ask it. Ever since I found ZD and have been reading articles and posts, I have wondered how you know if you have 100% the game. There is stuff I would never dream of doing if the walkthrough didn't tell me to do it, so I would never know I could have done it. When you finish a file does it tell you how much you completed?
(I have 2 console games, 4 VC and have not completed any of them yet. Final battle in OoT is the farthest I have gotten on any of them.)

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
My first game was twilight princess. I still havent finished it though, because i got into zelda recently.
But whenever i try to do a dungeon or get items by myself, i take over an hour. I used guides until TOT and then have commited to minimizing my guide usage, except for stuff like heart pieces that i can never find or if i am completly stuck.
But i just got wind waker, so there is hope!!!

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
Just LoZ and AoL. The other games had too many things to get at lots more sidequests, so its easier to forget something. Some games like MM had very difficult minigames, some that I just couldn't beat no matter what (clock town shooting gallery for example), some games had difficult fetchquests. Like poes in TP and skulltullas in OoT. No matter how thoroughly I thought I searched, I still missed a few. And some games had sidequests that were more were more bother than it was worth (figurines in WW).

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I played TP over the course of almost two years, so I had to go back and reference a guide just to remember what the heck I was supposed to be doing. TWW was really easy to complete because of the LOOK HERE charts you get later in the game. The probability that I 100% any game (especially without a guide) going forward is low. As I get older, my propensity to spend hours scouring the nooks and crannies to find everything diminishes proportionally.

This is going to sound like a dumb question, but this seems like the place to ask it. Ever since I found ZD and have been reading articles and posts, I have wondered how you know if you have 100% the game. There is stuff I would never dream of doing if the walkthrough didn't tell me to do it, so I would never know I could have done it. When you finish a file does it tell you how much you completed?
(I have 2 console games, 4 VC and have not completed any of them yet. Final battle in OoT is the farthest I have gotten on any of them.)
Usually having all heartpieces and all optional equips (like biggoron sword on OoT) is a good sign you've 100%'d. There are sometimes collectibles such as gold skulltula which doesn't give any of those things when max amount but I'd say It's still required for 100%, or SS Cubes, It really varies quite a bit depending on the Zelda you're playing but I'd say It's usually quite obvious to know when you 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom