• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Have You Done It In 3 Days?

Is this a challenge you've managed to do?

• Yes, I have

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I haven't

• You'd be mad to even try!

• Total voters
Can't find anything in the main forums on this, there was something in a group so I figured I'd make a new thread.

First of all definitions. By 3 days I don't mean the first 3 where you get your ocarina back. I tend to consider that portion of the game as an 'intro' to familiarise you with the 3 day cycle concept. The game starts properly when you go back to the start for the first time.

Anyway I recently purchase MM for the Wii virtual console and decided to give this challenge a bash. I'd seen it was possible from a few videos posted on youtube but I knew full well that I'd struggle to keep up with that one guy who had it done by 8.30pm on day 2. That was just phenomenal! But with such a huge amount of time left I figured and average gamer like me could cope. Just do it your own way I told myself. Now I know not everyone will have even played the game so I'll spoilerise the specifics.

Cope? How wrong I was! It took me over 8 attempts to get to the first key stage in time. That being getting to Epona before 6pm, but that's not all you have to do cause you have to make sure you've also got enough time to beat the Gorman brothers before 6pm too. Then comes the really hard bit. Having filled up your only bottle with red potion for the invisible soldier to get the Stone Mask, you then head to the graveyard and get the Captain's Hat off the giant Stalchild (not easy with your current equipment but doable) and then get down into the room full of keese and then kill the Ironknuckle in the room beyond to get the Song of Storms. All with no fairy and 3 hearts. There's only one saving grace here - that you can afford to die in the Ironknuckle battle because you'll get sent back to the start of the grave section rather than the start of the day (phew!) but it still wastes time.

Once that's done you really have plenty of time to spare. Certainly don't daudle, but I was able to save the cows from the ghosts, get my sword sharpened (they're open all day so the trick is to just turn up at 5.55am both days - just don't overuse your razor sward on day 2), help Cremia deliver the milk (which allowed me to buy some very handy infinite magic for the last two temples) and then use the gold dust to get the gilded sword.

I finished with just over 6 game hours left, which left me thinking I could have made things a little easier for myself in getting the Song of Storms by doing some heart container games and getting a fairy. Maybe next time (yeah right, like there'll be a next time).

So I've done it now. Finally. I've wanted to achieve this for several years and even resigned myself to the impossibility. So don't give up on it if you have the desire to manage this yourself, just know the key things you need and when you need to get them by and run, run like the wind!

Oh, and use both save slots and copy your latest save - just in case you make a mess of things and want to go back.

Last edited:

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
No way. It is much to daunting for me to attempt to do so I cant move fast enough for that. Sometimes I get hung up on small details that waste lots of time. Like i forget where a key was or I forget what exactly I need to do in the next sequence of events

Generally, I'm much the same with a Zelda game, but the unique format of MM just made the whole thing irresistable as a concept. And you're right of course you need to know exactly where every key is and also remember to get it! That was probably the cause of more resets than anything else.

A slightly more sedate challenge is the 6 day one, but to do that one you have to also get every mask (more sedate but there's more to remember).

I have watched a 3-day run of this game before. That's a lot of different events to keep track of. My hats off to you for achieving it!

Thanks. Although it's less to keep track of than you'd think. Most runs I've seen described involve doing the Anju/Kafei stuff, which I discovered is not necessary if you get the Romani mask. Some might argue you're wasting time helping the cows for 3 hours but it gets you what you need for the egg quest. I'm actually putting together a walkthrough based on my efforts (I recorded it you see, but that includes all my failed tries so I'll need to edit and then view it to get it 100% right). But I could easily describe the first 18 hours, I imagine, and that (IMHO) is the absolute key.

And it sure is satisfying to do it. Strangely, getting Epona on day 1 for the first time was more satifying than actually finishing.

Once you get your walkthrough put together, I would love to try it out. You should definitely post it on here somewhere if you can.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I've done it once. I've played Majora's Mask countless times and thought I should give it a try. It was quite exciting. It's almost impossible though. You will need a lot of experience.

jack546

The chosen one
I have tried I finished snowpoint by the middle of the third day and i didnt have any time left but I will try it again someday.

I have tried I finished snowpoint by the middle of the third day and i didnt have any time left but I will try it again someday.

You have to abandon the idea of finishing the first two temples at the first attempt if you want to get to Epona. And that is the key.

I've edited and merged my video now. I'll upload it to youtube and link it soon. It's slightly embarrassing, however, as I was a little drunk on some parts. But that just goes to show that it is indeed doable.

Last edited:
Depends on your definition of glitch. If you think getting to Snowhead without finishing the previous temple is a glitch then I used 3 glitches in total. But I tend to do OoT as out of order as I can just for the hell of it.

But I never used any of the weird glitches like flying through the air as a Zora or using bombs to access certain areas (I wouldn't know how to be honest). First video is up as well as some of the later ones, number 2 and 3 failed so I'm retrying.

MM1 Getting equipped and the run to the swamp - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom