• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have you been vaccinated for covid-19 yet?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I got my first Moderna shot on the 4th because the nonprofit I work for does early education work. My mom got hers the same day and my brother got his on the 5th (I think both of them got Pfizer).

Has anyone else gotten their first or second covid vaccines yet?

MW7

I got my first shot in January of Moderna in January and my second shot last Tuesday. I still feel guilty about it even though the first shot would have gone to waste. My uncle was calling pharmacies looking for an appointment, and one told him that they had a no show that day and had a thawed vaccine that they needed to give out before they closed in an hour. He was more than an hour away and I was less than 15 minutes away so I went and got it.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I got my first shot in January of Moderna in January and my second shot last Tuesday. I still feel guilty about it even though the first shot would have gone to waste. My uncle was calling pharmacies looking for an appointment, and one told him that they had a no show that day and had a thawed vaccine that they needed to give out before they closed in an hour. He was more than an hour away and I was less than 15 minutes away so I went and got it.
I don't think there's any shame in that. Much better it go to someone lower priority than get wasted.

The more people who get the vaccine, the better for everyone else.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Canada has an extremely slow rollout and I'm in the lowest priority group so there's a good chance the vaccine won't be available for me until the fall, or at the earliest sometime in the summer.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
You’re putting not only your life but other’s at risk by refusing to take the vaccine.
Even if you have trypanophobia you should consider taking it.
He might be younger than the age the vaccine is approved to be given to, currently, even if there were enough doses. It's 16 and 18 atm for the main two.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
He might be younger than the age the vaccine is approved to be given to, currently, even if there were enough doses. It's 16 and 18 atm for the main two.
Yea, I literally just found out about the minimum age for vaccination.

If that’s the reason then it’s fine. But because “I don’t like needles” is probably irresponsible and selfish.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Australia’s vaccine rollout has only just started, with less than 100,000 people vaccinated so far. I’ll be pretty far back in the queue so it might be a while before I get mine.

That being said, Australia is essentially the best place to be right now and we’ve been amongst the best in the world at managing the pandemic. Life feels all but back to normal minus compulsory masks on public transport, compulsory registration online for contact tracing when eating out or visiting high risk venues, and other minor restrictions.

Sydney and my state (New South Wales) has not had a single locally acquired COVID case in 51 straight days, the whole of Australia hasn’t had a locally acquired case in 11 days now. I think people here are generally happy to accept some minor restrictions (or major ones - quickly if it is required) for the collective good in the long run over rugged individualism.

Italy recently blocked a shipment of vaccines destined for Australia to keep them in the EU. Honestly I don’t blame them, others need it much more than we do right now.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I have not been vaccinated yet, but I am 100% definitely considering it. Mostly because I trust science, after all I do want to see my friends and relatives again, but mostly I want to say as most Americans are calling it "I got my Fauci Ouchie. :D"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom