• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have you been vaccinated for covid-19 yet?

Kirino

Tatakae
I didn’t have any side effects from my first shot except for a slightly sore arm, and neither did almost any of the people I know who have gotten it. The amount and degree of side effects are likely over reported, simply because that’s what people tend to focus on.

ChimeraWarden

I hear thunder, pitter patter..
I hope to get the vaccine next month. Probably not this month, since I’ve got too much work to do

MW7

I didn’t have any side effects from my first shot except for a slightly sore arm, and neither did almost any of the people I know who have gotten it. The amount and degree of side effects are likely over reported, simply because that’s what people tend to focus on.
I read something in which someone pointed out that the issue is that you can give concrete examples of the handful of people who have serious side effects, but it's impossible to quantify the amount of pain, suffering, and death that is prevented from the vaccines. Abstractions are not observable facts which is how some people are wired to understand the world. Luckily it seems like most people can either intuitively understand the cost benefit analysis of taking the vaccine or are trusting enough to be persuaded to do so. On the other hand the media really doesn't help when extremely rare negative events are given the most attention.

Last edited:

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
I just got my second last night. It feels like I have the flu minus the sore throat, but I have heard other people have had more severe symptoms. I had never seen so many soldiers before, and many of them were from the 101st Airborne Division. It was pretty neat.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Still no indication here of when I’ll get my first jab. It seems that the government had banked nearly entirely on the AstraZenica vaccine which was first blocked from coming here by EU countries and then later deemed too high risk due to potential blood clotting to be recommended for under 50s by our own government. More than 50% of over 50s reportedly will refuse to take the AstraZenica one here too so they’re going to have to get their hands on more of other types since the public has totally lost confidence in AstraZenica.

In all likelihood the soonest I’ll be able to get my first dose is the last quarter of this year. At least we still don’t have any significant number of cases outside of the compulsory hotel quarantine for international arrivals. International travel will probably be off the cards for a while yet given that it’s probably going to be a requirement that most people here are vaccinated before the borders are opened.
We have AstraZeneca here for people 40+ but most of them I know aren't taking it in favour of Moderna or Pfizer, which the same age group should be eligible for fairly soon. From what I've heard of AstraZeneca, it's not tested very well at all compared to the others and the blood clotting issue is much more prevalant than the other doses.

Moderna and Pfizer are both supposed to be available to the general public within the next month or two here, so I'm hopping on one of those as soon as I am able. Our cases are still rising rapidly, with over 1000 cases a day now in my province. Only issue is we have to wait 3 to 4 months for our second dose, which is kind of, well, bull****.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
There's still no indication when we're getting vaccinated. A bit ridiculous because our job has been listed as an essential job. Earlier this month one of our coworkers died because of covid. His son got it, his wife also and then he got it. He went worse right away. Getting rushed to the ER being held in a coma for several weeks. But his body didn't react to the meds being given to him. And he died two weeks ago. I didn't know him that well but my husband did. One would think such a big company like the dutch postal services would take precautions and get us all vaccinated but nope. And with all astra zenica news things only slowed down.

I'm working on making arrangements with my mom so I can get my first dose sometime soon. She works at a hospital and said she would tell me when they're next available. I'd like to get it before summer if at all possible, but since I don't interact with people that much normally, I can be patient if things don't work out. The big complication is working around my dad, who I live with, who is very much against the vaccine. My sister and mom live elsewhere and are both vaccinated. The vaccine has been a pretty stressful thing for me with my dad attempting to make me paranoid but I've never been against vaccines in the past and this shouldn't be any different, and I keep trying to remind myself of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom