• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have you been vaccinated for covid-19 yet?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Over here they're very slow with the vaccinations. My job has been listed as an essential job meaning we've got to work even when there's a lockdown. I don't know when we get a call to get vaccinated but I guess it's going to take a while. I've got no needle phobia but my husband does and I wouldn't ever make fun of people who have or judge them. Because I don't have one doesn't give me the right to judge those who have.
Elderly people and those who are at risk are getting the main priority here so I'll wait for my turn. I too want this whole situation to be over but I need to be patient for this to happen.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I got my first one yesterday, I thought it was going to hurt going in, Spoiler Alert: It Did Not, My arm is only slightly sore, nothing some Advil cannot cure. Come to think about it the needle they used was so small a Picori could use it as a hollow lance for Jousting. If the Picori even Joust. I am due back in three weeks for my second one and then I can say with confidence that I kicked the virus' microscopic ass.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
I will be getting my second shot soon, it was really hard to get an appointment for my first vaccine but I learned that doing it really early in the morning I was able to get an appointment, and I'm glad that the second appointment is booked at the same time as your first appointment. I'll be glad to get this all done and over with.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
As of last Thursday it was two weeks since my second dose so I'm considered fully vaccinated now. My sister will be fully vaccinated this Thursday and my mom the next Thursday. My older brother and sister got theirs a while back, so I'll be able to actually see them this year which is nice.

Just as a minor update to my post from March 8th, I read about a man who got the vaccine that experienced a severe allergic rash that caused his skin to turn red, swell. and peel off excessively, which landed him in the hospital for five days.

This is particularly terrifying for me since I mentioned before that I broke out into an all-body rash due to being allergic to some antibodies I took, and this man basically went through a more extreme version of the very same thing.

I don't care if people consider me selfish, I'm just not taking that risk.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Just as a minor update to my post from March 8th, I read about a man who got the vaccine that experienced a severe allergic rash that caused his skin to turn red, swell. and peel off excessively, which landed him in the hospital for five days.

This is particularly terrifying for me since I mentioned before that I broke out into an all-body rash due to being allergic to some antibodies I took, and this man basically went through a more extreme version of the very same thing.

Antibiotics are a different deal than the vaccine. Lots of people are allergic to penicillin (myself included), but have no issues with the vaccine. When I got mine they had a paper with the list of ingredients and asked if you were allergic to any of them and you had to sign it. You also wait around for 10-15 minutes afterwards for them to see if you have any reactions, since most severe allergic reactions happen within that time. Yeah there have been cases of allergic reactions, but they're rare and have all been treated. I was nervous about it because I have a lot of allergies. It also depends on which vaccine the guy got, because Moderna and Pfizer are both mRNA vaccines and Johnson&Johnson isn't so it's possible he was just allergic to mRNA vaccines.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend

Like morbid said its all different you can tell the nurse about your allergic reaction and theyll keep an eye on you...

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
the more I hear about the vaccine the more I don't want to get it
haven't heard a single good thing about it except from people who are like "well at least I won't get corona!" despite the vaccine being way harder on their bodies than corona would be
the whole thing just sounds miserable not even considering the needle itself (which we've already discussed)
shoutout to everyone who's going through with it, must be rough

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Still no indication here of when I’ll get my first jab. It seems that the government had banked nearly entirely on the AstraZenica vaccine which was first blocked from coming here by EU countries and then later deemed too high risk due to potential blood clotting to be recommended for under 50s by our own government. More than 50% of over 50s reportedly will refuse to take the AstraZenica one here too so they’re going to have to get their hands on more of other types since the public has totally lost confidence in AstraZenica.

In all likelihood the soonest I’ll be able to get my first dose is the last quarter of this year. At least we still don’t have any significant number of cases outside of the compulsory hotel quarantine for international arrivals. International travel will probably be off the cards for a while yet given that it’s probably going to be a requirement that most people here are vaccinated before the borders are opened.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
the more I hear about the vaccine the more I don't want to get it
haven't heard a single good thing about it except from people who are like "well at least I won't get corona!" despite the vaccine being way harder on their bodies than corona would be
the whole thing just sounds miserable not even considering the needle itself (which we've already discussed)
shoutout to everyone who's going through with it, must be rough

What did you expect it to do other than protect you from getting covid? The vaccine is definitely not worse than actually getting covid, seeing as millions have died from covid and many more who survived have lasting health issues. Even those who got covid and didn't end up in the hospital said that losing their sense of smell and taste for weeks/months was driving them crazy.

All the vaccine gave me personally was a slight sore arm, slight headache for a day, and some sleepiness the first dose. And the second was a more sore arm and I had a very slight fever that just made me feel a little crummy. But a sinus infection which I get kinda often is worse than that was. Some people do have more flu like symptoms but that's true of most vaccines. And I can assure you people like my mom had a much harder time ending up in the hospital from covid than they did getting the vaccine.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
this is still worse than corona was for me

Yeah some people don't have symptoms at all when they get covid either. But it's not about individuals, it's about people who do actually get really sick from it. And you never know how sick that will be unless you have it. Who's to say you won't get it again and have more complications that time?

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Yeah some people don't have symptoms at all when they get covid either. But it's not about individuals, it's about people who do actually get really sick from it. And you never know how sick that will be unless you have it. Who's to say you won't get it again and have more complications that time?
that goes both ways though; I'm not guaranteed to get it again, especially if everyone else gets vaccinated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom