• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have you been vaccinated for covid-19 yet?

I got a call day before yesterday that I’d been in close contact with a coworker who had covid. This call was a bit late seeing as the only one who has had it recently was weeks ago and they were only let back to work once they were better. So much for preventative measures.

Got my booster back in early November I believe, and my shots as soon as I could get them. Thing is, when this whole thing started out I was just about ready to just quit my job until they convinced me to take a leave of absence instead. Having been a maintenance worker in retail, who knows how soon it would have been for me to catch it, and I certainly wasn’t going to risk my health when people with far cushier jobs were working from home and calling us “essential”.

Thing is, I contracted it anyway, likely due to my sister having worked in a nursing home, one of few who still stuck around to take care of them. There was no real way of avoiding it in retrospect.

I was sick for weeks, trying to tell myself it was just a cold, but eventually it seemed I was sleeping almost 24 hours a day, having to be reminded to get up for necessities, and I could barely even look at food despite how hungry I felt, which is unusual given the way I tend to overeat all the time. Eventually I ended up in the hospital for about a week, and even after being sent home I still felt incredibly out of breath and energy a lot of the time. In fact, I think a lot of that feeling still has not left me. My brother-in-law had it even worse, going in for near two weeks.

Not sure how things have changed now, seems like just like the shots, the virus itself just treat some differently. Just wanted to stress how important it was for me to make sure I’m protected and that this isn’t some made up government conspiracy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom