• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Been to Any Midnight Releases?

Djinn

and Tonic
I had to work at a midnight release for Halo 3 a few years ago. That was pretty weird, especially since I never really was much of a Halo fan at all and just did not want to talk all things Master Chief with the people who were there. Most of which were wearing helmets. It was odd. I did not know midnight releases were a costume thing. I suppose I should have expected something since I have been to many a midnight showing of movies and those also tend to be costume events for a lot of people as well.

Anyway that was a long night, way too busy for a game store at midnight. Including a few people who really did not want to leave at 1am. I expected most people to run immediately home after getting their copy to go play it. Not stick around for an hour.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
- Halo 3
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Halo: Reach
- Gears of War 3
- Batman: Arkham City
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
- Mass Effect 3

I don't see myself attending too many midnight releases this year, though. I'll probably only end up going to Halo 4's.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Diablo 3

I usually have school or work, so I can't go. The games I do want on launch day, I preorder, so I just pick em up after school/work the day it comes out, rather than go to midnight releases.

Only three, and they were all in the past year

-Uncharted 3
-Skyrin
-MLB 12: The Show

Don't plan on going to any this year, but I might go to Black2/White2. I know in 2013 I will go to the midnight release for The Last of Us if there is one.

blue-eyes

Phoenix
I've never gone to one before, but I wanted to. Sadly, Skyrim released on a school night, and my Mom wouldn't let me go with my Church group leader, who is also a huge Skyrim Fan. I would want to go to a Midnight release though.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
No, I have not, and I'm not sure I really want to either. I don't really crave to get any particular game. And I know that no game will truly ever be sold out until a few good years after release, so I can wait some time before getting any game I want.

The only midnight release event I've been to was the one for WoW: Cataclysm. And it was effing FREEZING. If MoP gets release during the coldest day of the year like Cata was, I will NOT be happy.... but I'd still go because downloading new expansions takes forever I found, so I'd go to the release event, start the download and let it go until morning so I can sleep, then play after a couple of days, because Cata release was nuts, and I couldn't enjoy the experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom