• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Been to Any Midnight Releases?

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Just wondering if anyone else has bothered with midnight releases for games, and which ones you've went to? I try to go to one whenever I can just for fun, but it usually never works out for most of them in the end. Still been to a few though:

Left 4 Dead 2/Assassins Creed 2
Halo Reach
Portal 2/Mortal Kombat
Gears of War 3
Max Payne 3

Sometimes I would think about going to a Call of Duty midnight release, but I drove by gamestop at 9 P.M. on the release night of Black Ops and the line went all the way to Wal-Mart, so I scrapped that idea.

Sorry if there's already a thread about this, I didn't see one.

Last edited:

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
I went to Battlefield 3 and Skyrim

I usually do not go but in those instances I was with two of my friends so we decided why not. I don't think I'd do it again its not that awesome.

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
hmm...

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Mass Effect 2
COD : MW2

I haven't been to one in awhile. Hell, I haven't paid full price for a game in awhile. Usually wait for it to come down a few months later before purchasing (Max Payne 3 being the only exception in recent memory.)

SSBB one was awesome, because at Game Crazy we had a SSBM tourney that I won, and got Wiimote covers (lame, but the competition was fierce, man!)

Can't think of any that I might go to (Darksiders II maybe, if there is one, and MAYBE Assassin's Creed III. MAYBE.)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No. I find that when I wake up on release day and go down to the shop it is better that staying up to get a game which will not get played until later the next day.

The only midnight release I've ever been to was for Wrath of the Lich King. Back when I was still playing WoW of course.

I went to the Lollipop Chainsaw midnight event with a friend just a few days ago.
And that was awesome.

And I think I went to the Halo Reach one with my brother.
Those are the only ones I can recall in recent memory.

Dan

No I don't see the point. Wouldn't you rather get some sleep then be ready to play it the next day ?

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
hmm...

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Mass Effect 2
COD : MW2

I haven't been to one in awhile. Hell, I haven't paid full price for a game in awhile. Usually wait for it to come down a few months later before purchasing (Max Payne 3 being the only exception in recent memory.)

SSBB one was awesome, because at Game Crazy we had a SSBM tourney that I won, and got Wiimote covers (lame, but the competition was fierce, man!)

Can't think of any that I might go to (Darksiders II maybe, if there is one, and MAYBE Assassin's Creed III. MAYBE.)

Oh yeah how could I forget I went to the SSBB one, got a poster from it too. I do plan on going to Assassins Creed 3 and Darksiders 2 this year, as well as Halo 4.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I have yet to attend a midnight release of any game. Mainly because there's not very many places around here that would do that and plus if there was they tend to be at least 30 mins away and I don't feel comfortable driving that far away just to get a game that I could get during the day time.

Another reason is because they unfortunately have not had a midnight release of any of the games I've been interested in. If they had one for a game that I was looking forward to then I might be more inclined to attend it.

But yeah, I have yet to attend one of these events. Hopefully in the future though, this will change. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom