• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have you been able to work on your backlog during COVID-19?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Nowadays, with COVID-19, there's a lot of people living under orders of working from home, or in quarantine. Video games in general has seen a surge in popularity since COVID-19 started. Some people have seen this as an opportunity to work on their backlog, if they have any. How is your backlog going? And is the extra time being spent indoors making you play more video games in general?

Covid lockdown/quarantine played out in the opposite way for me, because instead of being isolated from my loved ones, I was suddenly holed up with three other guys.

Which meant I couldn't play or do much of anything, so all Covid did was actually stop me from getting through my backlog.

This was a massive pain, because I'd actually made plans to play through Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, the entire Resident Evil and Yakuza series this year since nothing good was releasing.

I've only recently started Resi1 but I now have a job so progress has been slow, can't win this year.

2020, the Dark Souls of years.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Kind of? There've been some games I've played straight through, like multiple FE games, Link's Awakening HD, and Trails in the Sky FC, but many times I wanted to work on progressing through a game I'd end up going back to something like BotW and just run around doing nothing. It all kind of depended on what mood I was in.

MW7

My backlog hasn't been the main focus, but I made some progress. I have been replaying every Zelda game that I own. I've finished 15 of them since March and am currently deep into Breath of the Wild for my last one. While playing I realized that I never actually finished Oracle of Ages or Spirit Tracks the first time around. I knew that I hadn't finished Oracle of Seasons as well. I replayed a bunch of other games as well during this time. I don't have a big backlog so I mostly replay games, and I'm thinking of playing Banjo Tooie next.

Edit: I just remembered that I want to play Castlevania 2 for the first time so that would count as a backlog game. I'll play that soon.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
My life has actually not changed at all. Only thing that changed was that my family was thinking of going to Italy for a week in the summer (before it all happened), but we instead postponed it to next year. Hence, no changes to time for playing games for me...

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I was already working on my backlog before the pandemic, so in theory I should have been able to work on it even more and maybe even completed it, especially since I had more time to play games since sports were put on hiatus + I started working from home. But then Animal Crossing: New Horizons happened and I'm bad at playing more than 1 game at a time, so oops, it's actually stalled since the pandemic started, lol.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I've basically had no impact on my work schedule (save for a week or two a few months back). So I've been doing work full time and uni full time as usual keeping myself too busy and resulting in little progress on my extensive backlog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom