• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have We Seen Too Much?

A few things may have been too far (like Ghirahim's master), but it's not like they've given us the entire story. We just know the very basis of the plot, so I'm good.

Hmm... thanks Juicie, I agree with this statement... Some has been too far but the basis is still up for discovery.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
No, because there is still no confirmation (or at the very least, none that I've seen) of a magic meter. Also, Sword upgrades haven't been fleshed out enough besides that one spot with the Skyward Sword being infused with that glowy red material [essence?]. And quite obviously, no story details besides "Link is za hero again!!!one1!" have been put out there.

First thing, they'd have shown us a Magic Meter by now. Second, they've shown to other upgrade scenes (or part of them) of Fi absorbing blue and green fire and shooting them at the Goddess Sword.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
They've given us only a few specifics, nothing that would ruin the plot. In fact the things they have shown us are enough for us to try and deduce the storyline ourselves. We still don't know how Fi will become completely one with the Master Sword, or if she has to leave. Plenty of questions are left unanswered as I see it, therefore.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
There's one gauge to know if we've known too much: are we still trying to figure out the game? As long as there's a whole lot of guesses as to what the game has, we haven't seen too much. ;)

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
Luckily for me I haven't seen most of the "spoilers" for the game, so realitively little has been given away for me.
Anyway, I don't think the amount of stuff we've seen for this game is too much. If you think about it, the game has a much more complex and detailed plot and gameplay than most, if not all other Zelda games so to have some info on the story/ gameplay given to us just to get the jist of the game is understandable. Besides, if you don't want to hear all the spoilers and stuff, just don't read them! I think all the stuff they're telling us about the game might actually be useful for people who just want to familiarize themselves with the game and get to know it better for when it comes out.

I have not clicked on a single link from the zelda dungeon twitter labeled Skyward Sword. I am doing every last thing I can to avoid spoilers. I know very little in regards to plot of this game. So I for one have not seen too much. Just 2 more weeks of spoiler avoiding and then it is release day.

There's one gauge to know if we've known too much: are we still trying to figure out the game? As long as there's a whole lot of guesses as to what the game has, we haven't seen too much. ;)

That's a good gauge to go by. I like that thinking. And indeed there is so much guesswork I've seen, some of it so uncanny and farfetched that it has definitely revived my belief that we haven't seen too much yet.

I knew that everything was going to be revealed soon... I hate the fact that someone's actually revealing everything about this game before it even comes out. What irritates me most is that there aren't many games that reveal everything before the public can even play it, so why Zelda? a game that's supposed to surpass all the others in the series and they STILL do it? I'm sorry that I'm ranting but it irritates me to no end... :mad:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have seen too much. Certainly I have seen enough. I can't wait for the game and it will be great regardless of the fact I know a fair bit of the story.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Now that the full plot's been revealed in the text dump, I think most of us have seen too much.

We've seen waaay too much. Story my ***, I'm talking about areas, vistas, dungeons, bosses and items here. We're not going to get surprised at all when arriving at ANY area, dungeon, boss etc. And that german site review spoiled the whole damn structure of the game. + that Ghiharim master artwork etc.

And I think that when we'll be playing the game we'll connect the dots with the footage we've seen so far and get even more spoiled on the fly.

Nintendo had to hype the game, advertise it, get it on the media, but their strategy wasn't very good...

Well, this is going to be my first modern Zelda game that I play spoiled, let's see how it roll.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
We've seen waaay too much. Story my ***, I'm talking about areas, vistas, dungeons, bosses and items here.

We've seen a map of the overworld, We still don't know the residents, monsters and even the exact geology of those areas.

We're not going to get surprised at all when arriving at ANY area, dungeon, boss etc.

Bosses, Dungeons?
We have hardly seen any bosses or dungeons, And we ARE going to get surprised/find out things we didn't know before when we arrive at new areas. It's not like Nintendo released an entire playthough of the game, We still don't know the exact geology of the three provinces.

And that german site review spoiled the whole damn structure of the game. + that Ghiharim master artwork etc.

Why did you read the review?
And can we trust them, This is an important question you should be asking yourself when digging for info about the game.. "Who can I trust?"
And how does it ruin the entire structure of the game?.. It's not like they gave out every little detail about the game.

+ The artwork of the big guy tells us zero about his backstory and it's not even yet confirmed that he is the master.. Although it's pretty much given if we go by his looks.

And I think that when we'll be playing the game we'll connect the dots with the footage we've seen so far and get even more spoiled on the fly.

No we won't, The footage and pictures you have seen can't spoil the game for anybody.. why?
Because they were all shot mid-early game, There is a reason Nintendo doesn't show us the last boss fight or how the master sword gets created.

Nintendo had to hype the game, advertise it, get it on the media, but their strategy wasn't very good...

Wasn't?
The game isn't out yet, We can determine if it was a good strategy AFTEr the game has released and all the other reviews start rolling in-

Well, this is going to be my first modern Zelda game that I play spoiled, let's see how it roll.

It hasn't spoiled anything, that's your pessimistic imagination talking.

You don't know about.. the game's ending, How Fi turns into the master sword exactly, What blanks in OoT get filled in and how, Every item and it's upgrade in the game etc.. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't even know why Zelda gets kidnapped in the first place exactly.

You hardly know anything, When you go on youtube (After Release) and watch a full 100% spoiled walkthrough of the game.. THEN you can go on about how the game has been totally spoiled for you.. But not just yet.

I actually did the above with TWW and TP, Before the games came out there was leaked 100% spoiled footage, I watched it and got the games afterwords.. Played through the games and liked them both.

The closer the game comes to being shelved the more I believe that too much is being released... I felt like i've been navigating a hospital and have to step very lightly and cautiously through these forums in order to avoid something that I don't want to see, some of them aren't even labeled as spoiler, which means I have to be extra careful. With it being so close to release I really do feel like, with this cascade of information coming at us, that much of it is really being ruined for the spirit of discovery. Hell... I've seen things through titles of threads alone that are revealing things to me... It's actually more annoying and irritating the further it goes... I really wish that the spoilers would stop for this last week that way there's still going to be some discovery and learning by the time the actual game gets here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom