• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have We Seen Too Much?

I for one have seen so much come out, especially recently, that I can't help but think that, even though I've been avoiding spoilers like crazy this past week, I've seen too much for the game to be as special now. I mean, the game is still going to be amazing, but one of the things I look forward to is the surprises that are held in store. I've managed to avoid the bosses thankfully. But items, the goddess essences, B n' N... I feel as I've seen too much. Granted they're just a small portion of a supposedly long game but it still saddens me that I've seen what I have. Thoughts?

how can the game lose its "specialness" if it would have contained the same stuff regardless >_>

how can the game lose its "specialness" if it would have contained the same stuff regardless >_>

I'm talking about all the things we've seen not being a surprise. Yes, regardless if we see it or not it's still going to be there, but we know what it is now... There's no surprise to some of the things involved in the game, that goes for some major plot points, characters, and items that are now known. That's how it loses a little of its special qualities. Take Faron for example. We know who he is before we play... Now instead of playing through thinking "who's that...?" We're going to be playing thinking, "oh look, Faron" the very first time we come to him.

I dunno, I've never cared about spoilers. I knew quite a bit about Buffy the Vampire Slayer before watching it and I still enjoyed it because I hadn't experienced it.

This is why I don't feel gameplay montage trailers are ever a huge spoiler: it isn't an authentic experience, for a variety of reasons.
1. The scenes are so herky-jerky, not like how a game is slow and deliberate and focusing on one place for more than, oh, 2 seconds.
2. I am a freaking HUGE video game music fan. I don't listen to it outside of gaming (well, maybe Mega Man) because I believe VGM is meant to be experienced in tandem with the visuals/story. Even if we have seen certain areas, most often we haven't seen it paired with the area's music. And, even if we have, there is this next point...
3. The most important point is there is a huge difference between WATCHING a game and PLAYING a game. You can watch an entire game if you'd like, then go play it, and those will be two wholly different experiences.

Oh I know they're different experiences, but I'm talking about the entirely new surprise from characters and plot points. You said you haven't experienced Buffy, well I've experienced Zelda so much that some things aren't surprising to me as far as gameplay goes, but as for story and each game's unique aspects go... That's what I like experiencing fresh. We've seen that huge villain, unfortunately, and takes away from some of the suspense and surprise of what awaits at the end of the game. I'm all for a teaser spoiler here and there, but I'm talking about all the information that's been released to us. You can't deny that these "snippets" have revealed a fair bit of the game. If not a fair bit then several MAJOR areas. I mean some people know what all the bosses are, what all the dungeons are, and almost all of the areas. This is some of the things I'm talking about. There could be nothing left to find out when you actually play the game. I'm a story kind of guy and knowing the story before I play can be disappointing. I'm not talking about the experience of playing, I'm talking about the experience of discovering everything.

We've not discovered everything. This game is huge. I can guarantee you that scary dude isn't the final boss.

I know and that's what I'm counting on :) I'm confident I haven't seen everything. I just wanted to know what others thought. You make some good points and have instilled at least a little more confidence about not seeing too much. That's even taking into consideration that you don't mind seeing spoilers about everything. Thank you good sir. Any more thoughts?

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Actually I don't agree, It would've agreed if they had shown us tons of story spoilers. But for now we only know the core of the plot, And the only things we have seen are items, Artwork and characters which we have no idea what role they play in the game. It could ruin the experience for some people.

But to me these things I know right now are things that I'd just had found out without dropping my jaw.. I wold've dropper my jaw if they i.e showed us the last boss fight, or anything else that would usually make you progress to the plot.

:yes:

EDIT:

Even if we did know every single bit about the game, story-wise and gameplay-wise.. It wouldn't ruin the experience for me. The feeling when you play a Zelda game for the first time and you solve puzzles, beat dungeons etc. is special on it's own. I sat down and watched walkthroughs of TP and WW that weren't spoiler free before the games came out and it didn't ruin the experience for me.

Last edited:

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Judging from the actual size of the game, I think we've seen just about the same percentage from other games. The only dungeons we've really got to see inside is the Skyview and Earth Temples, which is just about the same as we saw in TP. The fact that we've seen some of the other dungeons suggests there is much more to the game. We haven't even seen inside the large cloud bubble in the Sky, next to Skyloft (look at the ign review teaser) ;)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
We've not discovered everything. This game is huge. I can guarantee you that scary dude isn't the final boss.

Well I can guarantee you he is. He would be the obvious choice for the final boss, and you know he's there. It's not like Ganondorf popping up. Nintendo have shown us this to say '' this is what is in store for you at the end ''. This guy has a black master sword and is the perfect adversary to fight at the end.

bunny

birb overlord
I don't think what Nintendo has shown us is too much. I mean, we've barely scratched the surface of this game. Nintendo has been very careful about what they show us, and I believe they've hardly shown us anything compared to what we will see when we get the game. :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No, because there is still no confirmation (or at the very least, none that I've seen) of a magic meter. Also, Sword upgrades haven't been fleshed out enough besides that one spot with the Skyward Sword being infused with that glowy red material [essence?]. And quite obviously, no story details besides "Link is za hero again!!!one1!" have been put out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom