• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have the Game Grumps Hit A Slump?

Have the Game Grumps Hit A Slump?

• Shut your mouth, they're better than ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're still about the same as when they started.

• They've hit a snag, the charm is starting to wear off...

• It's garbage now. I can't bring myself to watch.

• I don't really watch Game Grumps, so I wouldn't know.

• Total voters

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
So what do you think? Are they better than ever? Has their entertainment value plateued? Or are they completely uninteresting to you that you barely bother to watch them anymore?

Myself I still watch them a bunch and they definitely still have their moments. I'm not talking about the same old "I miss Jon!" nonsnense, I'm talking in a general sense, Jon or no Jon, are they as funny as they were when they first started out? Funnier? Less funny? More charming? Less charming? More annoying? Etc?

Discuss.

Salem

SICK
I always liked them better when they play a co-op game, not necessarily a vs, I mean when they complete a game together, they have way too many single player games where one plays and the other watches, I dunno, I got bored of that.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
I don't think so. I feel as if it's their fanbase that makes it seem as if they are. Probably because most fanbases are hypocrites. Bring back Wind Waker! Stop doing Wind Waker you suck! I just find them funny for what they are. The only real complaint I have is that I would prefer if Steam Train was just Dan and Ross for once, but hey, they are making videos to keep us entertained. And keep and mind, you can watch them for free. Never complain about free stuff.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I honestly like the more now. Nothing against JonTron, but I feel like Danny and Arin work better together. All I remember from the JonTron era was racist, sexist, and childish humor with Arin trying to make a joke and Jon screaming. While that is still there in their material today, Danny and Arin have made a lot more decent humor than Jon and Arin did. I just feel like the jokes bounce of better between Arin and Danny.

I don't watch them, but their name and their artwork stuffs always looked so stupid and lame to me, I certainly hope they're doing terribly. Because that sounds like something they would be good at. So frutigering overrated.

Agreed. I'd never got why these guys are so popular. Half of the time they act like manchildren and talk about random **** that don't relate to what they're playing. To me, they're just another group of Youtubers that have the same schtick as every other overrated Youtube user. Scream & be immature.

Blue Canary

I don't watch them, but their name and their artwork stuffs always looked so stupid and lame to me, I certainly hope they're doing terribly. Because that sounds like something they would be good at. So frutigering overrated.

Let me get this straight, you are insulting a show you have never watched simply because of the name and the art, of which only appears in their intro? This is exactly the type of thing I hate. You can't insult something you know nothing about, has no one anymore heard the phrase "Don't judge a book by it's cover?". I'm fine with people not liking something, but baselessly insulting it is ignorant and uncalled for. I can't believe I ever thought of you as a friend.

Do I laugh as much as I used to back when it was Jon, and they were still struggling through Sonic 06? No, no I don't

Does that mean they're worse than before, or that they've "lost their charm"? Nah, I wouldn't say so.

Just because I personally don't find myself laughing as much doesn't mean that the overall quality has decreased. In fact, I think I kind of enjoy the show for different reasons now. The Shadow of the Colossus playthrough really wasn't THAT funny, but it was cool to see Dan tackle something like that, and it was cool to see how he reacted and responded to it. The same kind of goes for the Silent Hill playthrough, which was entertaining in its own right just because I'd never seen the Grumps go through that type of horror game, and it was cool seeing them react to that as well.

I do think the fan-base is absolutely atrocious at times, which is why comments are nearly impossible to slog through. I try not to let it affect me though, and I still do find a good level of enjoyment from the show. It's free entertainment, and it's fun to watch. Can't ask for more than that.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something

Wow. Just...wow. This is really a surprising thing to hear from you mandy, but tbh, I never knew you that well, so I suppose that doesn't mean much

And it doesn't have to do with not liking them. You have the right to not like something. Its just the reason you gave and the harshness of it.

"Their name and their artwork stuffs always looked lame to me, I certainly hope they're doing terribly." That in itself just...puts me off. That is essentially like going up to a guy who is dressed weirder than you are used to, or makes a piece of art that you think looks funny and saying "ew, this doesn't appeal to me. I hope you are having a terrible life, you deserve no success". Just...Jesus. Saying they are overrated is fine, as some could agree with you, but just...what you said there was so blunt that it really sort of pissed me off. I'll give you an example of a better way of expressing an opinion:

Agreed. I'd never got why these guys are so popular. Half of the time they act like manchildren and talk about random **** that don't relate to what they're playing. To me, they're just another group of Youtubers that have the same schtick as every other overrated Youtube user. Scream & be immature.

Even though I may not agree with her, she has the right to her opinion, and you do too, of course. But saying that someone should be doing terribly and doesn't deserve their success just because YOU think they don't have good artwork (which isn't even the point of their show in the first place), is just...messed up, I'm sorry. I may not be a fan of PewDiePie, I actually find his productions to be really, really annoying, but I would never go around saying that he should be doing awful, or that his entertainment is completely worthless. I just don't "get it", as some would say, and that is the nature of trends.

You may want to clarify a bit, because you may have just worded it poorly, but as it stands...

Chimera said:
I'm fine with people not liking something, but baselessly insulting it is ignorant and uncalled for. I can't believe I ever thought of you as a friend.

Pretty much that.

Fig

The Altruist
I have watched Game Grumps since the very beginning. It might be the nostalgia talking, but I really loved it when Jon and Arin were together. Now tht's not to say that Dan and 2nd gen of Game Grumps are bad, they also have their own charm. I guess the only reason why I don't watch Game Grumps that often is because there is always something entering in my life and I tend to wear myself thin over time. I recently watched a few episodes of last week's Game Grumps and they are still acting like the dumb gamers that they are, and I still love them for that. They always put a chuckle on my face and while sometimes the fanbase might get a little out of hand every once in a while, it really is nice that they still going on and that they are occasionally try out something new that I would not see Jon and Arin tackle. Really, the only complaint I have is that there are 5 Grumps yet only 3 of them do the gaming. I can understand that Barry is the editor and Suzy does her own stuff, but it would be great to have Arin and Dan tackle one game and then at least change one of the Grumps if not both to allow more unique and interesting gameplays in the Grumps channel.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I was perfectly fine with Dan at first, but with Jon gone it's just not as... Idk, Game Grumpy. Things are different now, especially the discussions.

Blue Canary

I have watched Game Grumps since the very beginning. It might be the nostalgia talking, but I really loved it when Jon and Arin were together. Now tht's not to say that Dan and 2nd gen of Game Grumps are bad, they also have their own charm. I guess the only reason why I don't watch Game Grumps that often is because there is always something entering in my life and I tend to wear myself thin over time. I recently watched a few episodes of last week's Game Grumps and they are still acting like the dumb gamers that they are, and I still love them for that. They always put a chuckle on my face and while sometimes the fanbase might get a little out of hand every once in a while, it really is nice that they still going on and that they are occasionally try out something new that I would not see Jon and Arin tackle. Really, the only complaint I have is that there are 5 Grumps yet only 3 of them do the gaming. I can understand that Barry is the editor and Suzy does her own stuff, but it would be great to have Arin and Dan tackle one game and then at least change one of the Grumps if not both to allow more unique and interesting gameplays in the Grumps channel.

They changed the format of Steam Train so that all the grumps will have a chance to join. So there's that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom