• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Has Zelda Ever Made You Cry?

Has playing a Zelda game, listening to Zelda music, etc ever inspired so much emotion that you cried: tears of joy, sadness, etc? If so, what particular moment? If not, has Zelda ever flooded you with emotion at all?

I don't cry very easily, but the ending of TP did make me tear up. I know lots of people on these forums dislike TP, but for some reason that game, and Link's relationship with :midna:, struck me as special.
Also, probably my favorite thing about the series isn't the gameplay or the story; it's the music and the legacy they carry. Sometimes when I listen to stuff like the Symphony of the Goddess tracks, I feel a rush of emotion, be it nostalgia or a yearning for adventure or a peace of mind.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Adventure of Link has made me cry from anger several times over the course of playing it. I can't tell you how enraged I've gotten at the game; at several points, I just wanted to destroy the system alongside the game! D:

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask have made me cry because of the beauty of the worlds. Doing whatever I please just wasn't a concept I grasped (or grasp much today) in video games, but they surprisingly let me do that, to a degree.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Twilight Princess has made me cry. Queen Rutela's story really brings me to tears. Her story is so heartwarming and tear-jerker. So yes, Zelda has made me cry..

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I never had, like, literal tears at a Zelda game, but the scene with Fi, then Impa at the end of Skyward Sword did make me choke up a good bit and "aaaaaawww!" incessantly..

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I never cry during movies or anything like that, but when I play a Zelda game, I get so immersed in the story that yes, I tear up in the end. Zelda music has the same effect - it's just beautiful.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
The ending of Ocarina of Time usually always gets me nowadays, the staff roll theme has always sounded sad to me. Also because of nostalgia.

Twilight Princess has too, but in more moments in the game besides the ending (ex. Queen Rutela)

The end of WW was pretty touching but there were no tears, the rest of the franchise are just games, no emotional value at all, not even SS's infamous crystal scene, which didn't bother me at all.

Deeds

no text
A couple scenes in SS made me a little sad, nothing compared to the intro and ending of Ocarina of Time, though.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
No Zelda game has ever made me cry, I don't tend to cry that much anyway....

But there were moments within the series that were quite emotional! Twilight Princess immediately comes to mind and 2 well 3 scenes stand out in my eyes:

- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess -- Colin's Kidnapping - YouTube In this scene we see King Bulbin and his troops raid through Kakiriko Village and we see a usually timid Colin find the courage to save his friends and risk his own life. Now after Link save Colin we see an emotional Cut-scene in which Colin truly realises what courage is all about and he gets the acceptance from Talo who usually gave him a hard time, just a great scene and it really shows what a Zelda game is about.

- The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Ending Cutscene - YouTube This is one of the Final Cut scenes in TP and we see the final moments of Ganondorf and as he suffers his fate, we see a faint figure in the distance. Link quickly runs only to find it's Midna but in her actual true form, this was so nice to see as we initially thought that Midna was killed by Ganondorf and the fact that she is now in her true and beautiful form. Midna utters the words "Am I so beautiful, that you've no words left?" And then we see Link smile, cue the epic final credit music <3

- The 3rd emotional scene in this game carried on from the previous YouTube Link...This was definitely one of the more sad moments in the Zelda franchise and wesee Midna say her farewells to both Link and Zelda and Midna goesto say something to Link but she stops, then we see her shed a tear and ultimately shatter the mirror. Since this was the only link between the 2 world's this meant that Link and Midna will probably never meet again and after allthe event's and troubles they went thorough within the game it just felt really sad :(

I also think The Wind Waker and Majoras Mask had some great and emotional Cut-Scenes, like for example when Link leaves his home of Outset Island and his Grandma, also the final cut scene when we Kotrl drown himself and Hyrule. Majoras Mask especially with the death scenes and the impact it had on their friends like the Mikau death! One thing I never really get was the praise of emotional Skyward Sword was....In my opinion I just didn't connect to this game and i didn't think Fi was a good enough character so i would actually care, it kinda felt like they were going for the TP route with Link losing his companion but this didn't effect me emotionally in the slightest :/

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Only one game has made me actually cry and it's not a Zelda one.

It has made me feel really sad though.

When Midna left, it made me feel really sad. That's about it...

I haven't actually cried when playing a Zelda game, but there were some moments that moved me, for Example Byrne's Death. The music that went with it really made me feel awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom