• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Has This Happened to Anyone else in Link's Awakening?

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
Okay, so I was just jumping around the main town when I jumped behind the doghouse. The game played the "falling into a hole" animation, and then I was stuck in a weird, glitchy underground area. I wasn't able to do anything and had to reset the game, but I did manage to get this screenshot:

Wierd LA Glitch.jpeg

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any sequence of events that you need to do to achieve this?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I've seen that place before! I swear, I remember going there and being absolutely lost! I don't even think (or, rather, remember) that's a place to be completed -- the place seemed to lock me out, and the game actually froze on me for God knows what reason. But, there just might be some purpose for that place later on in the game!

Here, take this: Link's Awakening Walkthrough

Take a gander at ZD's walkthrough, and if you find anything about that weird glitchy area then come back and tell us! I've no information on that place as I high-tailed it outta there. :)

I've seen that glitch a lot, well mostly because i like to trigger it and mess with it. ^^
It happens when walk in some place between the pole in front of the doghouse and the doghouse.
You guys never heard about it before? Strange, 'cause it's well known. I've seen a lot of speedrunners using it. I guess that makes me a nerd huh?

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
It's called the Doghouse Glitch. I've personally never performed it, but I've definitely heard of it. It's pretty obscure compared to most glitches – I only read about it about a week ago, conveniently enough – but it sounds very interesting. It essentially makes an entire dungeon or area within the doghouse that you can explore, although it's extremely glitchy. Supposedly you can even get items in there that you're not supposed to yet, and enemy animations go crazy, and random character sprites are placed everywhere. And it changes as you go through the game. Google it and see what you find. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom