• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Has Smash ever introduced you to a new series?

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
Smash has a lot of characters and some can be rather obscure to some players like Ness (or Captain Falcon for the younger players).

With an ever increasing roster, has Smash ever introduced you to a series you became curious about and later tried?

Which series were they and did you like them?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
In fact yes. I bought Smash for the wii back in 2008 and it introduced me to the Zelda series. I stumbled upon Link everytime and beated the crap out of him but became curious about this character. That's how I became a Zelda fan. I never liked Smash and never will but it introduced me to Zelda.

Not a series, but I learned about Twilight Princess through Brawl, and reading the trophy descriptions was what made me want to get it. The same could be said about Brawl being the reason I wanted to play The Wind Waker, although I actually knew about that game unlike Twilight Princess. I also learned what Fire Emblem was through Smash, like I imagine most people, but Smash wasn't the reason I ended up playing the series. The Smash hype train can encourage me to revisit/replay games as well, though that may be a story for another time.

funnier6

Courage~
Lol like almost every series in the game. I had very barely heard of Metroid and Starfox but I had never heard of Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Earthbound, F-Zero, Xenoblade Chronicles, etc etc. It was mostly smash that made me go and buy some Metroid games and now I’ve played or plan to play games in almost every series except Star Fox. (Not sure if I like rail shooters)

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
starting w/ melee, I was only familiar w/ mario and pokemon and I suppose zelda, but I only had wind waker and the zelda representation in melee was quite different from what I had

donkey kong
metroid
star fox
f zero
mother/earthbound
fire emblem
game & watch

none of these I was familiar w/, and when brawl came around, only kid icarus I didn't know about, I had played pikmin 2 before brawl and I knew of metal gear and sonic of course, I saw warioware on gamecube one time

smash 4 was basically the first time where I knew who all the newcomers were, only animal crossing I still hadn't played but I knew about it from brawl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom