• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Has HW lasted longer for you than other mainline Zelda games?

Some Zelda games can be quite long, others not so and some have more replay value than others but Hyrule Warriors is a different beast entirely... How long has it lasted you?

Has HW outlasted a few other Zelda games for you?

Have you already sank more hours into HW than other Zelda games?

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
I say HW will last me longer then the mainline games due to the nature of its design. Giving me multiplayer, large amount of things to do and collect and just the replay value of the hack and slash. While the mainline games being very enjoyable for me. If I collect everything in a playthrough. I probably won't return to the game for a year or two since i did everything and the puzzles don't change. Difficulty doesn't change and while there is a ton to find and collect if your memory is as good as mine it usually gets triggered to remember where things are.

I just really like the feel of chaos in that battlefield in HW. Given all the variables on attacking and what attacks the enemy might try.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well if you don't count the fact that I took a year an a half break from TP when I first played it...... Yeah it lasted longer. But not the story mode. That one is very easy. It's the whole map thing and getting all skulltulas, hearts and weapons which consumes time.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
11824924_10154055362268294_231369644651618610_n.jpg

Well, yeah. By its nature you get a lot of play time out of it, and it's been fun and engaging. It's nice to feel genuinely challenged, the difficulty is far above what I would put a Zelda game at, in terms of raw execution challenge. Of course, there are no real puzzles exactly, but some levels require a high degree of strategizing in order to accomplish your goal. I remember ages ago, I wrote a highly detailed section on obtaining the higher level baton for Zelda on the first Adventure Map. The numerous tries I'd spent fine-tuning my tactics there were enjoyable, even if they were also frustrating at times.

All that being said, I'm absolutely dying for my next actual-zelda fix. You just can't really compare the two.

Majoras-Light

Gatekeeper
The main storyline went way quicker than I thought, but with all the extra stuff to do, yeah. It's lasted me longer than MM, OoT, and TP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom