• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Has Anyone Read Any Good Manga Recently?

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I just finished reading all 3 volumes of Black Gate by Sumiyoshi, Yukiko it was awesome the ending was kinda sad though :( i'm just a sucker for sad endings XD so what manga are your reading or have finished? :P

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Well the first manga I ever read was Spiral, but I only read the first two volumes of that because we couldn't get the rest (they don't sell it anywhere. :(). Then I read Fruits Basket (I had watched the anime and that's what made me read the manga. The anime didn't finish the manga). Fruits Basket was the best manga I've ever read! Although I haven't read much, but it was really good. ;) And I just finished the first volume of D.N.Angel. I've decided I'm not going to finish reading that one, and I hope to find a better manga to read later.

Titles I'm currently reading:

1. Blue Exorcist
2. Deltora Quest
3. Pokemon Adventures
4. Witch and Wizard (yes, it's an american manga, but it's STILL a manga, and it's awesome)
5. Kitchen Princess
6. Cardcaptor Sakura
7. Fushigi Yuugi (started to watch the anime, but the voice acting was terible for BOTH versions, so I went to the manga)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Currently, I'm reading Fairy Tail. It's an excellent story with lots of great characters, and lots of action and comedy. I LOVE it. And although it's not a manga, but a light novel, I'm also reading Hyouka. It's also an excellent story. It's a touch of mystery mixed in with daily high school life. Very VERY good. Plus the characters are all great and unique.

Lord_Cathaseigh

Like a sir.
I love Bakuman, can't believe it's over. I actually followed that manga start to finish, so it's really important to me. I actually plan on getting all 20 volumes some day, I love it that much.

Solanin's another good one. It's a seinen manga, so teenagers may not like it as much. But it's definitely a must-read. The series was actually pretty short, so you can buy the whole series as one big compilation. It's also part of Viz's Signature line, so you don't have to worry about cracks along the spines or any other wear.

Other mangas I've read: Vagabond, Sket Dance (gag manga,) 20th Century Boys (stopped at the timeskip,) Uzumaki (O.O), and Psyren.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Currently, I'm reading Fairy Tail. It's an excellent story with lots of great characters, and lots of action and comedy. I LOVE it. And although it's not a manga, but a light novel, I'm also reading Hyouka. It's also an excellent story. It's a touch of mystery mixed in with daily high school life. Very VERY good. Plus the characters are all great and unique.

I LOVE Fairy Tail i'm watching the anime i couldn't agree more with the action and comedy. :lol: Also i'll try to check out Hyouka it seems interesting. :)

I love Bakuman, can't believe it's over. I actually followed that manga start to finish, so it's really important to me. I actually plan on getting all 20 volumes some day, I love it that much.

I've seen Bakuman at my local library everytime I go there and think "Should I get this" and then i don't I just didn't know if it was good or not but if it makes you want to buy all teh volumes it has to be good right? XD So i'll try to start reading Bakuman.

Lord_Cathaseigh

Like a sir.
Bakuman's kind of a splitting manga; some people love it, some people are bored by it. If you've read Death Note, it's made by the same people. It also tells you a lot about the manga business, a lot of people enjoy that. But if it's at your library, definitely pick it up. Try to get the first volume; otherwise you might get confused.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Naruto Shippuden

Those are the only I regularly read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom