• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Has Anyone Noticed This?

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
Has anyone else noticed the Deku Butler's son hanging himself on a tree in this picture?
I love Nintendo :)

I also wanted to say that I know it is the Deku Butler's son because after you get the mask from him, he says that Deku Link looks like his son.

Attachments

• scenet.jpg
    scenet.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
Wow...thats really creepy.Is he commiting suicide?Didnt know zelda was that dark.Also this is the 1000th thread!:clap:

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Hm. Interesting. It doesn't look very Deku-ish though...And if I can recall correctly, the Deku Butler's son was turned into that tree in that area before you entered Clock Town for the first time.

Anyway, I love this artwork. Love the bright colors and shapes.
It reminds me a bit of Tim Burton's art and ... gah, someone/thing else that's on the tip of my tongue but I can't seem to remember at the moment.
Either way, it's still a fabulous piece.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Wow, didn't know Nintendo was like THAT. I didn't even take time to look at this picture in the past, because it scared the heck out of me. I always hated Majora's Mask (the actual mask), because it's eyes were just so...creepy. What made the Deku Butler's son want to do that in the first place, assuming he hung himself?

Vynn Sarr

Sith Lord
How can you be sure that's his son? He is never seen in game, only mentioned about, and the theories say that he is that tree in the beginning of the game, and the person in the picture looks nothing like that. Nonetheless, it is still a creepy picture especially with the hanging guy I haven't noticed before.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
what's up with that!? i have never noticed that before... in fact I almost missed it this time too, but wow why? is that what is really happening to him or is it an mis-interpretation of somthing else that was supposed to be?

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
Someone brought that up a few years back at Zeldauniverse. I'm not sure about it though... It's body doesn't look very deku-y to me, almost looks like Mr. Game and Watch =S. The whole artwork looks very abstract. It still makes me wonder though... why would Nintendo put something like that in the artwork?

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
maybe it is the deku butler himself, so overcome with grief at the death of his son that he decided to commit suicide, it isn't mentioned that he has any other family and we see him mourning at the tree thing (speculated to be his dead son) in the woods during the credits, just my idea though, it doesn't look much like him.

o_O Geez, I can't believe I've never noticed that before. I'm trying to think of what else it could be, but I've got nothing. I'm surprised that Nintendo let something that remotely looks like a hanging through.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
Well, Majora's Mask has now moved up in the creepy games list in my mind.

I guess though that it makes that mask fit in with the 'become someone who's died' type of connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom