• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Has Anyone Ever Considered This?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
For the Pipit theory, you dont really have enough information to support it. Simply pride in the uniform is not much to go on especially since Pipit is, unfortunately, a rather minor character.

I like the Hero of Time - Skull Kid theory though, that seems very plausible to me

I doubt that the Happy Mask Salesman would be able to kill Link, though i guess we don't truly know what he's capable of

it seems more likely that link would remain a child and turn into TP Skull Kid

G

Goddess Sword

Interesting theory about the Hero of Time and the TP Skull Kid.

For this theory:

-The Skull Kid's trumpet could be the Ocarina of Time's transformation for the Skull Kid form (+ it looks like the Pipes of Awakening)
-He plays Saria's song which the Hero of Time had learned

Against this theory

-Link could have used the song of healing to seal away the curse in a mask (but he could be wearing it to guide the TP Link to the Master Sword)

Last edited by a moderator:

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
Nintendo has confirmed that OoT Link is the Hero's Shade (Hyrule Historia), plus the Skull Kids are afraid of adults (as said by Navi in OoT), meaning the kokiri turn into Skull Kids (Link is not Kokiri but Hylian). I also think that somewhere in OoT it said that Kokiri turn into skull kids if they get lost in the Lost Woods while Hylians, young or old, turn into Stalfos and Stalchildren if they get lost in the Lost Woods.

Nintendo has confirmed that OoT Link is the Hero's Shade (Hyrule Historia), plus the Skull Kids are afraid of adults (as said by Navi in OoT), meaning the kokiri turn into Skull Kids (Link is not Kokiri but Hylian). I also think that somewhere in OoT it said that Kokiri turn into skull kids if they get lost in the Lost Woods while Hylians, young or old, turn into Stalfos and Stalchildren if they get lost in the Lost Woods.

^ This. Also the Skull Kid of Twilight Princess is likely a 'remnant' from the past (Ocarina of Time), or the Skull Kid to whom the Hero of Time taught Saria's Song (we'll call him the "OoTSK"). Keep in mind it has been HIGHLY suggested that OoTSK and the Skull Kid of Majora's Mask are one and the same; though I'm not absolutely sure this has been confirmed. With that exists a minor, albeit indirect connection of MM with TP. Anyway... If he's not the "OoTSK", then he could simply be one of those other Skull Kids from OoT who probably just listened to Hero of Time play his various tunes during his travels through the Lost Woods and learned them by ear. I've also surmised the possibility that TP's Skull Kid may not be directly from OoT/MM at all. Instead he could be a somewhat metaphysical being - sent by divine intervention by the Goddesses to aid TP Link on his quest - that takes the form of a Skull Kid for whichever reasons. There might also exist the possibility that he's the spiritual manifestation of the OoTSK. In any case, the minor differences in appearance might have to do with the art/graphical direction between the two games - OoT and TP, and possibly other factors.

Note: Some theorists have noticed a slight similarity between the face of the TP Skull Kid and the Moon of MM. Of course, said theorists could be delving too much into things, and if any similarities between them exist at all, it could be an Easter Egg or reference of sorts. However, I find those similarities interesting nonetheless. :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom