• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Has anyone else noticed this detail in the trailer?

I've haven't seen anyone talking about this anywhere. It's a small detail, but I feel it's noteworthy. Anyway, at the end of the new trailer, a landscape shot of Hyrule is shown, and in that shot, the towers and shrines are clearly missing. The most obvious ones are the Akkala Tower and Owa Daim Shrine, I've checked in-game for reference and they are clearly just gone. It could be unintentional, but I'm not so sure.

The spires surrounding Hyrule Castle are gone too. We've spoken about it but none of us have figured out why theyre all missing.

However, since the spires, towers and shrines were all Sheikah tech and all came out of the ground then perhaps they have retracted.

The simplest explanation is that after the Calamity is over all the Sheikah tech retracts back into the ground, as it no longer needed. This would make sense given that the initial tower in the game plus alot of the hidden shrines all rose from the ground in the first place.

However, other people are theorizing that time travel is involved:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
They likely retracted, but I agree that time travel is a possibility too...mainly because that's the only way they could try to reinvent the world in such a small time gap. It's not like you're going to be seeing a bunch of new towns in a year or so....or that the calamity ever stopped them from building tbh.

The simplest explanation is that after the Calamity is over all the Sheikah tech retracts back into the ground, as it no longer needed. This would make sense given that the initial tower in the game plus alot of the hidden shrines all rose from the ground in the first place.

However, other people are theorizing that time travel is involved:

Well that would explain some stuff, I should start watching this channel more. Thanks for pointing this out ;)

I think Timeshift Stones are involved (he says, knowing people are getting sick of him saying this). Interestingly, parts of the castle that had been destroyed seem to be repaired as well, so I don't think it's as simple as they've all retracted. Link and Zelda seemingly haven't aged, and with a society as crippled as BotW's is it'll be a miracle if such damage was repaired so quickly

I think Timeshift Stones are involved (he says, knowing people are getting sick of him saying this). Interestingly, parts of the castle that had been destroyed seem to be repaired as well, so I don't think it's as simple as they've all retracted. Link and Zelda seemingly haven't aged, and with a society as crippled as BotW's is it'll be a miracle if such damage was repaired so quickly

Link and Zelda gave everyone a job.

To rebuild the castle
Oh, I thought there was some in-joke I was missing there, lol.

I couldn't see that myself. Society is spread far away from the castle and only in bits and pieces. Even fixing a castle with damage to that degree in a kingdom that's flourishing is an absolutely huge undertaking that can take decades to complete.

I think either the trailer is showing a shot of Hyrule from some other time, or it isn't the final shot and they purposefully left details like this out so as not to give too much of the actual story away. It seems too coincidental that absolutely everything recognisable timeframe wise has been removed from the short.

They likely retracted, but I agree that time travel is a possibility too...mainly because that's the only way they could try to reinvent the world in such a small time gap. It's not like you're going to be seeing a bunch of new towns in a year or so....or that the calamity ever stopped them from building tbh.

Time travel isn't the only way. We don't know the time gap between the two games yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom