• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Has Any Sort Of Media Made You Cry?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
About crying over any sort of media: I usually don't cry at all. Not even close. I'm not emotional cold hearted but I hardly cry. The ending of LOTR in both books and movies brought me close to tears. The movie Philadelphia was the first movie I had to cry but this was such a tiny bit you can't call it real crying. In Twilight Princess Queen Rutela's story and the music playing in the background always makes me emotional but no tears yet.
The only time I really cried my heart out about something in the media was back in 1993 when 2-years old Jamie Bulger was kidnapped and killed by two 10 years old boys. One of the most saddest and heartbreaking stories ever. It took me like three weeks when I finally could talk about it without crying. I still have difficulties reading it back while it already happened 17 years ago.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Hmm well before a lot of stuff happened i think i cried like 2 or 3 times

one was when i was like 7 i saw something to do with a giant ape on this farris wheel and died

On lilo and stitch it was a movie where stich nearly died again i was young.

But now i wont even shed a tear, Hmm if you have seen Higurashi no naku koro ni like episode 23 were satako gets tortured by shion i literly laughed at it i felt so heartless. Well to get a better veiw go to youtube and type in Higurashi satoko Torture scene.... beware of spoilerss and blood... But ive learned to hide my emotions pretty well since i put on a ored poker face half the time unless im with my friends then i say screw it and i smile :|. And i can make my self cry all i haev to do is think of my dog dying, that is probally the only thing left that would make me cry... not even if my parents diesd i wouldnt cry... But this is about media not Rl.. any who im just kinda heartless at times and say teh person deserved it liek satoko

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Maybe its just cause my girl friend forces me to watch this kind of stuff...
but I tear up all the time and movies and tv shows. Especially tv shows that I am very familiar with. With tv shows the character development exceeds that of video games, movies etc and every single event involving those character has a huge impact on me. Medical shows get me every month or so, especially season finales. The Lost finale actually got me crying.. so beautiful.

Movies is a whole different game. Each event in the movie is trying to show you a message/ make an event more powerful (if its done well). So you invest yourself in something for at least 1.5 hours and any good director can make you cry, if that's his/her plan.

Unfortunately, I think that making an audience cry has been broken down to a science. A lot of times its the same event, just switching up some details. Like all Nick Sparks movies. I've only been forced to see two, but yes i teared up, because Nick Sparks writes **** for women to get high on and then cry and make them think he is talented, when really, he just knows the science of making you cry.

Most recently I teared up for Toy Story 3... And Star Trek VII...

so there.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
There's quite a few movies that can make me cry; I was watching Lilo and Stitch a week ago and cried my eyes out when they said
"What are you waiting for?"
"Family."

I suppose I'll compile a list:
Lilo and Stitch
Requiem for a Dream
The Fountain
The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Pans Labyrinth
Phantom of the Opera
The Lion King (when Simba's dad dies...)
March of the Penguins....

....Maybe I'm just an emotional person
:S

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
What Really made me Cry was when Harry dies In spiderman 3 it was so Sad That I cried to Death and when Midna leaves

Last edited:

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
The ending of the Fellowship of the Ring totally got me. I never liked Boromir, but I was a wreck when he died. And then when Sam ran after Frodo who was already half way across the river, and Aragorn's pep talk to Legolas and Gimli. ;A; I'm a sucker for motivational speeches and optimism like that.

Return of the King was amazing, too.
"I'm glad I'm with you Samwise Gamgee. Here at the end of all things." Totally lost it when Frodo, Gandalf, Bilbo, Elrond and Galadriel sailed away and the other hobbits were crying. That was a really powerful and touching moment.

And just about anything by Miyazaki makes me cry...Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, especially. Those movies are absolutely beautiful.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I tear up quite often around emotionally provoking movies or books; I'm a real softy when it comes to those sorts of things. Only if it's well done, though; if it's poorly done I'll get angry.
To Kill A Mockingbird, Grapes of Wrath, Casablanca, Up, Wall-E, Toy Story 1 and 3, The Green Mile... the list goes on and on.
I may have cried once or twice when playing a video game; the ending credits music to Ocarina of Time can catch me occasionally with a tear in my eye.

Some people tend not to cry for insecurity reasons -- pshaw! Showing emotion proves you're a human being more than pretending to be some lifeless, shadow of yourself ever will; I'm not afraid to embrace that. People shouldn't be. ^^

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
I am weird. I didn't cry when my great aunt died but I get emotional when (SPOILER): Edward Elric dies at the end of Fullmetal Alchemist T.T

I have wacky emotions T.T

EDIT: Sorry to whoever gave me bad reputation for no spoiler alert :(

Last edited:
T

Triforce Eden

Call me a loser, but I did cry at the end of Lost. It was simply one of the most powerful series finales I have ever witnessed. And, it will stay in my heart and in my mind for a while. I wish I could go into greater detail, but I do not wish to spoil anything.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Yes, mainly movies, some anime, and some cartoons have made me cry. I remember crying during the series finale of ATLA at the part when Sokka was hanging onto Toph and he had a broken leg and they were surrounded by Fire Nation soldiers. *sniff* I was afraid that they were gonna die. I also remember crying during movies after something sad had happened or during the process of the sad thing happening.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Anime & Video games have made me cry a lot more than regular television. Which is weird considering that it should be the other way around.
Anyway, there have been a bunch of stuff that made me cry.......

Anime
#1. Pokemon- Some of the episodes from Pokemon were pretty sad. Like that one part where Ash had to say goodbye to Pikachu....I cried a little bit until I realized they were getting back together at the end. Also, I think it was the first movie too which was Mew vs. Mewtwo that made me cry a lot because towards the end of the film, Ash turned to stone and that was where you had to witness all of the Pokemon crying.....:kawaii::kawaii:

#2. Yu-Gi-Oh!- I didn't cry during this show! It was the final episode that got me a little choked up because I knew it was about to end soon. Which was awful because I grew up on this show too by watching it and by collecting the trading cards. :( GX is okay, but I dislike 5D's.

#3.Naruto- There have been a bunch of scenes that made me cry like certain characters dying. But, overall this show doesn't make the viewers cry that much.

Now, when it comes to video games, the only thing that comes to my mind is the ending to Final Fantasy XIII.....There should been an alternate ending somewhere.D:

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Call me a loser, but I did cry at the end of Lost. It was simply one of the most powerful series finales I have ever witnessed. And, it will stay in my heart and in my mind for a while. I wish I could go into greater detail, but I do not wish to spoil anything.

I 100% agree that the finale for LOST is amazing and I'm going to go ahead and say I think it will change television. (back to topic)

I cried for it too. Anyone who tries to call you a loser is the REAL loser!

So many series have made me cry. I really get pulled into the fantasy. Black Rock Shooter made me cry. Soul Eater made me cry. Samurai Champloo made me cry. Eureka Seven made me cry. Futurama has made me cry. (don't laugh at that) Many other series have made me cry as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom