• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Has a death in a book or film or game got to you alot??

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I ended up reading Half-Blood Prince before the movie came out, so Dumbeldore's death got to me a lot. Snape was always a character I felt weird about and that whole sequence left me in shock. Even with the explanation of his planned death and Snape was a double agent, I still could not believe it. I didn't get to Order of the Phoenix when the film came out so Sirius' death in the film also left me in shock, so that would be my example from a movie.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I ended up reading Half-Blood Prince before the movie came out, so Dumbeldore's death got to me a lot. Snape was always a character I felt weird about and that whole sequence left me in shock. Even with the explanation of his planned death and Snape was a double agent, I still could not believe it. I didn't get to Order of the Phoenix when the film came out so Sirius' death in the film also left me in shock, so that would be my example from a movie.

Honestly it wierds me out when people say they liked snape for his actions at the end, but man the dude was a dick and tormented children for funzies. To the point where one of them literally fear him enough for a boggart to turn into him. I also don't buy that bull**** about dumbledore being renowned enough to keep snape from prison when others who'd done less than him weren't, hell the spy rookwood was treated harsher.

#****Snape

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Honestly it wierds me out when people say they liked snape for his actions at the end, but man the dude was a dick and tormented children for funzies. To the point where one of them literally fear him enough for a boggart to turn into him. I also don't buy that bull**** about dumbledore being renowned enough to keep snape from prison when others who'd done less than him weren't, hell the spy rookwood was treated harsher.

#****Snape
Yea high key Snape was my least favorite character throughout the series. His stalkerish obsession with Lily that everyone seems to adore kind of proved to me more that he was a scumbag lol Didnt bat an eye when he died.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yea high key Snape was my least favorite character throughout the series. His stalkerish obsession with Lily that everyone seems to adore kind of proved to me more that he was a scumbag lol Didnt bat an eye when he died.

What really pisses me off is the way he treats Harry, he knows he's responsible for orphaning this boy, he knows he's responsible for killing his mother the woman he lived and instead of seeing him as a product of lily's he constantly treats him like **** and crap all over him as often as he can likening him to his father whom he hated. Snape was literally the cause for the entire series happening. And the man shows no goddamn remorse for it all, he's just sad cuz the woman he loved died.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Remus and Tonks in Harry Potter cuz it was just after they had their son. It's not fair they couldn't be there to see him grow up. T_T

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
he's just sad cuz the woman he loved died.
the woman he felt entitled to and obsessed over*

The most recent example would be...

Cloth from Hollow Knight. She was my favorite character and she came to help me and I was so happy! But then she died and I cried. She wanted to die a glorious death in battle, but still... R.I.P. Cloth I will never forget you.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Remus and Tonks in Harry Potter cuz it was just after they had their son. It's not fair they couldn't be there to see him grow up. T_T

it's such a BS reason they got killed as well "so it all comes full circle on harry" like what you orphan a child just to say ****s circular.

the woman he felt entitled to and obsessed over*

The most recent example would be...

Cloth from Hollow Knight. She was my favorite character and she came to help me and I was so happy! But then she died and I cried. She wanted to die a glorious death in battle, but still... R.I.P. Cloth I will never forget you.

oh man cloth, i loved cloth, big burly bugger but gentle as a lamb in reality. i'm glad i never finished her questline.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I never get super emotionally invested into books or games but I remember in FE Shadow Dragon, one of my favorite characters got killed and had a really sad last words and I was so sad for a while.

In my favorite movie Aliens, there are a few characters that die and it was emotional for me, especially one character in particular, because the actor passed away over a year ago.

Ezlo

The Minish Craftsman
Sirius Black in Harry Potter.
Just when I thought that Harry has finally got someone with whom he can start a new life... and Bellatrix is all like Avada Kedavra!!

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Well, my favorite characters in stories end up dying anyways.

However, that chapter in Berserk really messed me up.

I knew going in that Berserk is a harsh manga to read, but it's so well written that even though it was foreshadowed well, that chapter feels like it comes out of left field.

Anyone that has read Berserk knows what I mean when I say that chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom