• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Has a bad incident ruined your favourite thing forever?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
It's very difficult to explain, let's take an example:
You have a favourite song as your ringtone. Somebody calls and tells you a really bad news. That bad news ruined your ringtone forever, i.e, whenever you hear that ringtone, you have an irrational fear and you change your ring tone.
Its really particular, but has anyone experienced the same thing?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
not necessarily a favorite thing, but around the time I was playing super mario world, my parents were constantly arguing and my home environment in general just felt bad, even now I just feel weird about that game

I especially hate listening to the world map https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE6MEMpZgEs [I'm indeed one of the dislikes, ha]

Long John Spaghetti

It’s all in a name
Oooh, I used to like to eat at Arby's, but one time, I got sick after eating there (and the food tasted like ****) so I don't eat there anymore (the shakes are good tho)

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Early 2020, I was at the Winter Jam tour, a lot of different Christian artists would go around together, both some big names and some up and comers. One of the up and comers was a rapper called Zauntee. I really enjoyed his stuff, and bought some of his biggest songs as mp3s for the flip phone I had at the time. Yesterday, I stumbled back across him on Spotify and decided to give it another listen because it's been a while since I have. I turn some on, and I couldn't do it. They still were just as good as I remembered them being,but they just took me back to early 2020 and the lockdowns and all that junk, so while I didn't have any specific moments in mind, I couldn't enjoy them the same.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I mean the release of Skyward Sword broke the illusion that 3D Zelda could be anything other than perfection. I have become quite skeptical ever since.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I got sick one day in Elementry School and threw up. I ate a side of collard greens for lunch at the cafateria that day, and when I threw up it had that flavor a bit, and it was gross. I used to like the cafateria collard greens, but after that I could not eat it anymore because it'd remind me of that day.

Canned collard greens taste the same as what the cafateria served, and I still dislike it. I'll eat freash collard greens that are cut, boiled the same day, and seasoned properly, though.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Chorizo. Don't ever look up what it is. That's not entirely fair, I went back to eating it after a few years but it was a long few years. Thrice started writing songs about political junk and I haven't really listened to them since. I was half way through a second playthrough of The Last of Us when spoilers on the second one broke. I'll probably never finish it a second time, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I don't know about forever (this has happened in a few cycles for me I suppose) but I like grapes and a few times I've come across a grape that's so gross that it put me off trying more grapes for more than a year afterwards.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I used to have the Dr Who intro as my ringtone. But then the company I used to work for called several and also at very unusual times. Fortunately I left that company years ago but whenever I hear the intro of Dr Who I'm like " noooo...not them again!"
This.
I used to have crossing field as my ringtone.

Then i became the class representative and the faculty advisor started to bug the hell out of me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom