• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Harry Potter Fans: if You Had a Patronus, What Would It Be?

Writer4God

GeekChic
I would ask the question of "which house would you like to be in if you wore the Sorting Hat" but everyone would say Gryffindor so this one is a little unique.

If you had a patronus, what would it be and why? It could be anything from the books OR any other creature, living, fictional, or extinct.

Mine would probably be a banana slug because sometimes I'm slow but mine could also be a honey badger because of my persistence :)

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Actually I'd say Slytherin or Ravenclaw. I don't know what mine should be, but if I can choose, then I choose a wolf (like Wolf Link).

Nicole

luke is my wife
My patronus would definitely be a wolf. Wolves are my favorite animal (and I show that in my sig and avatar :P) and I love what they stand for; courage, bravery, strength, endurance, spirit, et cetera. Wolves are very strong and fierce fighters, and I would certainly like to have a wolf fighting by my side. Although, I actually wouldn't mind having a dragon as a patronus, either. If my patronus had to be based off a real animal, it would be a wolf; but dragons are very strong, majestic, and fearsome creatures of fantasy. I doubt you could go wrong with either of those choices.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
To my understanding from having watched the movies (not read the books), petronuses are based off one's personalities. Mine best fits the description of a dragon. In my mind they are regal creatures, capable of slaying hundreds of mortal foes before they fall in a battle. But they're not lustful in blood-spills to me. Rather, they'll fight to defend themselves, or defend a cause that would in effect benefit all races. This makes them wiser than hastier beings since they are precautious in judgment and attentive to the harm they could bring on others, but they are seldom vindictive or plan for their own gain (although it's said some dragons are wont to horde precious stones and metals, so keep your jewels handy!). I match them in this because of their fortitude and willingness to aid others however they can.

So...

Sulker said:
Although, I actually wouldn't mind having a dragon as a patronus, either.

but dragons are very strong, majestic, and fearsome creatures of fantasy.

No go away; this is my choice. :P

Last edited:
S

ScottFinni

Regarding house, I never put myself into one until I joined Pottermore as a beta tester, and ironically, it did put me in Gryffindor. xD
Regarding patronus, I'd say mine would be a penguin. They're my favorite animal, they're slick, agile, and able to fend for themselves, which describes me a bit. Seems about right.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I would say Slytherin, actually. Gryffindors are overrated anyway. ;) Mine would be a lion. (No, not because of Gyrffindor!) They are strong and fierce, and never back down from a challenge. However, they have very specific lifestyles and emotions, and can be very unique.

Mine would definitley be a Panda Bear.

They look big and intimidating at first glance, but once you really get a look at them they're just one big fuzzy teddy bear that you just wanna hug and cuddle and all that cute stuff :)

They're also very laid back creatures and it seems like very little things stress them. They go with the flow and react to situations accordingly without much planning or thought going into their actions. Atleast, that's what it seems like when I go to the Zoo and watch the Discovery Channel :D

My House preference would be Ravenclaw but in all honesty my personality is more fitting of a Gryffindors. I think my patronus would be a horse. I have 4 of my own and love them to death. They are my favorite animal but I also feel they fit me. They are strong and powerful animals but gentle in nature.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I want to answer the house one!
The hat would debate between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw and then put me in Ravenclaw.

And to the real question, I think my patronus would be a hawk. Or maybe an eagle. Some sort of large bird. But that has nothing to with Ravenclaw house. It's just that larger predatory birds would more match what I would be like.

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
My patronus would probably be a fox or a cat since I like the night and I am quiet when around strangers but energetic when in familiar environments.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Actually as far as houses go, I think I'm pretty sure I would've been sorted into Ravenclaw.

As for patronuses, considering I'm pretty much obsessed with dragons, I'm fairly sure mine would've been that - however if it had to be a real animal and not a mythical one, it probably would've been a cat, lol

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
I'd LIKE to say Ravenclaw, but I think I'd be a Hufflepuff -sigh-
As for my Patronus? Probably a cat. Yeah, that sounds around right. But I'd like for it to be an owl :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom