• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Zelda Dungeon EVER

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
left through the first room then right all the way down. once you fall through the shoot on the disappearing bridge, hang a left to punch though the blocks in the floor.

I'm going to say Level 6 (first Quest) in Zelda 1. All the Wizzrobes there made the stage so very hard. To the point where you want to skip it and come back with the magical sword. Harder than the 2nd quest dungeons because by the time you hit 2nd quest you're more skilled and can handle their increased difficulty.

Zelda 1, 2nd quest was not so hard. Only the red/blue ghosts and one way only walk through walls really made things tricky. I always found the Great Palace in Zelda 2 to be much more mazelike, and no map either to workout which way to go.

Honoury mentions go to:
Zelda 2 - Palace 4. Having to jump over lava pits while fighting blue mace throwers is pretty hard.
Zelda 3 - Ganon's Tower. I don't know if I'd find that hard today but back in the day it always seemed pretty hard to me and all it's multiple floors was a little mazelike.

That I've played so far? Gonna have to say the Dancing Dragon Dungeon. This place is huge and confusing. Subject to change.

Runner-ups include:
Death-TLoZ
Great Palace-AoL even when you know where your going its a massive pain in the ass
Temple of Droplets-MC
Turtle Rock-ALttP-cannot get past it!

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
The City in the Sky is probably the dungeon I languished in for the longest, because it was always confusing and I think I just really sucked with aiming clawshots fast enough. It was super long, super annoying to navigate and figure out exactly where the hell I was supposed to go next, and just all around tedious. Not to mention that I disliked the music, the Oocca, and basically everything about the atmosphere. Honourable mentions go to the Great Bay Temple and TP's Lakebed Temple, but surprisingly, not OoT's Water Temple, which took some time but actually didn't give me a lot of trouble.

The City in the Sky is probably the dungeon I languished in for the longest, because it was always confusing and I think I just really sucked with aiming clawshots fast enough. It was super long, super annoying to navigate and figure out exactly where the hell I was supposed to go next, and just all around tedious. Not to mention that I disliked the music, the Oocca, and basically everything about the atmosphere. Honourable mentions go to the Great Bay Temple and TP's Lakebed Temple, but surprisingly, not OoT's Water Temple, which took some time but actually didn't give me a lot of trouble.

The City in the Sky gave me a migraine. I had no idea where I was going half the time, and I have no idea how I got through it. Everytime I replay the game I cringe when it's time for that dungeon or the Lakebed Temple.

Surprisingly none of the dungeons from SS drove me crazy except for the tear collecting (which almost brought me to tears of frustration).

I like hard temples. The hardest 2D dungeon I'd say is Jabu Jabu's Belly from Oracle of Ages. I love the place to death, but it's the Water Temple on 2D steroids. For 3D, I'd say the Wind Temple from Wind Waker. It's not awful, I actually like it a lot. But of all the 3D Zelda dungeons, I have to think about it the most. Maybe it's because I don't play Wind Waker much.

I like hard, FAIR dungeons though. I didn't like the Sword/Shield Maze from Oracle of Seasons at first because I kept dying. I grew to like it, but I like puzzling dungeons, not ones that kill me. Those stay hard and fun, not hard and obnoxious the first time and really easy the next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom