• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Hardest to Easiest Zelda Games?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You haven't beaten every Zelda game(according to your signature), so you have no right to say that. Especially since I can personally guarantee you that FS is easier than TWW by miles, and from what I've heard, so is FSA.

You really can't say a game is easier than another unless you're dealing with numbers...I could've had the hardest time with PH and the easiest with AoL. What is hard to YOU is hard to YOU, which is evident in the widely varying lists this thread has garnered. ;J

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
You haven't beaten every Zelda game(according to your signature), so you have no right to say that. Especially since I can personally guarantee you that FS is easier than TWW by miles, and from what I've heard, so is FSA.

I've picked up and played every Zelda game, and none of them are as easy as TWW. With TWW, it's not just that it's easy, it's that it's simplistic. Everything is so dumbed down compared to titles that came before it that it's barely even stimulating half the time. The Four Swords games aren't incredibly hard, but they do provide stimulating challenges throughout, which is something TWW just can't boast.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Really? Four Swords (not FSA, I haven't played enough to judge) can be completed in about an hour and there isn't a single actual puzzle. Really. Not one. I honestly can't imagine how Four Swords is harder than TWW. But to each his own, I guess. Certainly you can see why one might say FS is easier than TWW. It shouldn't be a "shocker". Again, have you even beaten FS? Because it's really really easy.

I personally agree it's easier, but really LoZ-aLttP aren't puzzle heavy either and combat plays a role.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
Hardest
1. Adventure of Link
2. Legend of Zelda
3. A Link to the Past
4. Skyward Sword
5. Majora's Mask
6. Link's Awakening
7. Ocarina of Time
8. The Wind Waker
9. Twilight Princess
10. The Minish Cap
11. Spirit Tracks
12. Phantom Hourglass
13. Four Swords
Easiest

DarkestLink

What I don't get is people using lack of Game Overs to justify a game's easiness...at least in Zelda. I mean of course you didn't get a game over! There's really no reason you should get a game over in any game post LA unless you are being intentionally stupid (attacking cuccos for example). What really appalls me is when people say a game is easy, and then go on to say "I only go X number of Game Overs in this!" How was the game easy? You LOST! That's like me going to get an interview from the losing team in the super bowl and being told by its players that the football match was an easy game for them.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
What I don't get is people using lack of Game Overs to justify a game's easiness...at least in Zelda. I mean of course you didn't get a game over! There's really no reason you should get a game over in any game post LA unless you are being intentionally stupid (attacking cuccos for example). What really appalls me is when people say a game is easy, and then go on to say "I only go X number of Game Overs in this!" How was the game easy? You LOST! That's like me going to get an interview from the losing team in the super bowl and being told by its players that the football match was an easy game for them.
I think it's rather harsh to call people's actions "stupid" if they do die in a Zelda game, of course it's cool to poke fun for its easy nature but not everyone is experienced and as skilled as others... There are bound to be some occasions were people have died before and it's no shame to admit this hell I've died in Twilight Princess before on my 2nd playthrough :/ Point is that every gamer is different skill wise and experience wise therefore the challenge aspect changes for some depending on the player.

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I think it's rather harsh to call people's actions "stupid" if they do die in a Zelda game, of course it's cool to poke fun for its easy nature but not everyone is experienced and as skilled as others... There are bound to be some occasions were people have died before and it's no shame to admit this he'll I've died in Twilight Princess before on my 2nd :/ Point is that every gamer is different skill wise and experience wise therefore the challenge aspect changes for depending on the player.

I have to agree here. Calling someone stupid just because they die in a video game is... well, a bit harsh. I take offense to that because, quite frankly, I'm not the best gamer in the world. I've died multiple times in video games before, especially Zelda games, and to be called stupid just because of my lack of skills isn't the kindest remark.

DarkestLink

I think it's rather harsh to call people's actions "stupid" if they do die in a Zelda game

I said intentionally BEING stupid. And we've all had those moments. In Zelda, sometimes we wanna screw around with the chickens or test some glitch. Or maybe in Banjo Tooie I see an obvious cliff that will take out a good chunk of my life...but I jump down anyway because screw going the long way down.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

You judge the game by how many times you're defeated. It's the same logic as using how often you "barely escape with your life" - it shows how intense the game can be, and how often screwups acan be dealt/ ;)

DarkestLink

You judge the game by how many times you're defeated. It's the same logic as using how often you "barely escape with your life" - it shows how intense the game can be, and how often screwups acan be dealt/ ;)

Well naturally having no game overs is a sure sign the game is easy...but it's not much to judge by when Game Over is a near impossibility in 80% of the series.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
Well naturally having no game overs is a sure sign the game is easy...but it's not much to judge by when Game Over is a near impossibility in 80% of the series.

As you've said quite often, Zelda is meant for casual gamers. And casual gamers aren't really super good at video games. Now you personally might be, but you seem to be taking how difficult Zelda is for you and saying, "Well if it was it easy for me, it must be easy for everyone else too."

DarkestLink

As you've said quite often, Zelda is meant for casual gamers. And casual gamers aren't really super good at video games. Now you personally might be, but you seem to be taking how difficult Zelda is for you and saying, "Well if it was it easy for me, it must be easy for everyone else too."

I'm simply saying it's weird for people to point out a lack of Game Overs as if this is something new. I should add though that many of these complaints are coming from people who regularly state the series is too easy...you'd think no Game Overs would be the status quo then, yes? What's the difference now?

1. Adventure of Link - Don't need to say why especially when I'm playing the GC version
2. Legend of Zelda - Vague and unforgiving and not suited to the GC
3. A Link to the Past - A lot of unrelenting combat and a lot of cinstant damage when you get swarmed in small places
4. Majora's Mask - the enemies take a pounding in this game, especially the mini Dodongos, the sidequests can be a pain too
5. Phantom Hourglass - three bad gameplay ideas rammed together made this game very hard for me to get through
6. Oracle of Seasons - a lot of crappy combat and bosses
7. Oracle of Ages - annoying puzzles slowed me down and the constant meandering back and forth through time got old fast
8. Link's Awakening - bosses were hard and the dungeons hung me up from time to time
9. Minish Cap - not difficult, just hard to find your way a lot of the time, gameplay didn't feel tight enough
10. Wind Waker - not hard but being swarmed can get tense, especially if you're relying on the parry
11. Twilight Princess - not hard at all but some mini bosses came close to doing me in and i never got the hang of horseback fighting
12. Ocarina of Time - not hard for me now but bosses like Barinade gave me trouble back in the day, Bong Bongo and Volvagia remain annoying though
13. Spirit Tracks - not hard but the dark trains can get really annoying when they block your path
14. Skyward Sword - not hard, don't know what the game-over screen looks like, Imprisoned is irritating though

DarkestLink

I'm pretty sure I've gotten a game over in every Zelda game at least once, especially on my first play-through. I know even in Wind Waker I got a couple from bosses like Puppet Ganon, or when I'm just being stupid. I get that you're super good at video games, but really you just sound cocky when you are talking about how it's nearly impossible to die in a Zelda game. Not everyone is as good as you.

By the way, if I die only 2-3 times in a game, then it is too easy. So no, no Game Overs isn't the status quo.

Honestly I assumed this was normal...I mean I've been in the Zelda fandom for years now and everyone talks about how insanely easy the games are. I wouldn't suspect this claim if everyone was dying though. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom