• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Hardest Part

Vanitas Remnant

You've done it, Ventus.
Iowa, or Hell. They're both the same thing.
Okay this is totally stupid but...

... the hardest part for me was in the first room you enter after you go into the first dungeon of the game. There was an eye on the wall that you had to destroy in order to get through the door to the next room. I tried hitting it with the slingshot, running around in circles, doing a jump attack, a spin attack, a forward sword-jab, etc. The only advice Fi would offer is that the eye seems to like pointy things. The eye does follow your sword around, but anytime you try to hit it, the eye closes. I thought I could confuse it by doing the spin attack repeatedly, but that didn't work and it just wore out my stamina meter. I had just recently received the slingshot, so I figured a lot of the puzzles would require me to use it. I started looking around the entire room for a mirror or some reflective surface that I might be able to shoot with the sling shot and have the seed bounce off and hit the eye, but there was nothing. I tried everything I could think of for more than 30 minutes before I finally gave up and consulted a guide. It turns out all you have to do is hold the sword out and move it in a circular motion to confuse the eye. (A bit like the giant eyes from Mario 64, but flipped 90 degrees.) Anyway, I was pissed. It was so simple, but so STUPID. I think that was the only time that I ever had to consult a guide to help with a puzzle aspect of the game. Ridiculous!

That's not stupid!

THIS, is stupid!

BLOOH BLEHH BLAHBLO BLAOD SBLD SOW!!!

I think I had the same problem, but I remembered those things in the E3 trailer, and that was that.

Trying to work out what the code was for the door in the ancient cistern...i thought the riddle was talking about the lock and not the giant statue thing

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
The eldin silent realm, those two skulutas in the first temple (Before I got the hang of beating them up) and the wing ceremony test thing. The wing ceremony... just UGH! It took me probably a half-an-hour to get that stupid statue, and my arm was so tired. Even when I replayed the game for the second time, I still had trouble with it.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
Initially, I planned on citing one of the Silent Realms. After several, long minutes of careful introspection, however, I've come to the conclusion that the most difficult portion of Skyward Sword, for me, was... that freakin' bridge puzzle outside of the Isle of Songs!

The funny thing is, I haven't had any trouble with it in subsequent playthroughs. That first time around, though... Ugh. What a pain.
DX.gif

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
For me it was the second Imprisoned battle. I HATE that thing. :devil: The first and third never gave me as much trouble as the second. I dread that part of the game every single time I play.

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
The Thunder Dragon's (Lanyru?) quest before you got to talk with him and get the part of the song. Oh my god. The profanity that shot out of my mouth humiliates me to this day. I actually remember giving poor Link a thorough apology after dying each time because I'm pretty sure I had insulted him to the point of suicide. It was BAD! :S

The third Imprisoned battle, there really shouldn't be three fights with the same boss. I hated him in the first battle and he only got more annoying with each following battle; huge energy pools when he stamped his feet and if you miss while trying to land on his head then you may as well just quit and try again. Very annoying.

The Lumpy pumpkin duet was annoying but i did it first time and got my reward, though they weren't impressed with me...

I had a lot of trouble with the Lanayru Silent Realm too but i can do it pretty much with my eyes closed now.

Well this might seem a little pathetic, but I had the hardest time with Dreadfuse in Sky Keep... It was the only time I died against any boss (or in his case a mini-boss) in the game. I think it was mostly because I had a hard time getting the timing right when I had to shield bash him. I beat him on the second try though, after much frustration... o_O

G

GoddessOfHylia

I had a hard time with several of the bosses. Even last night, I fought the boss in Lanayru Mining Facility. He killed me once, but luckily I had a fairy on me. He's usually pretty easy, but for some reason last night my wiimote wasn't working right or something (or maybe my brain wasn't working right). Every time I tried to swing my sword in the right direction to match his claws, it would go in a different direction instead, so I'd get hit, grabbed, and he even broke my banded shield. Jerk. :mad:

Anyway, I hate all the Imprisoned battles too. I fought the first one last night too. I was doing really well, until I had to get him down the third time. Then his stupid footstompts kept knocking me over. It took me forever to finally get him. I remember when he finally died I yelled at my tv "This is the worst enemy ever in the history of everything!!!" >.>

Non-Epic

Resident Cucco Kicker
Labrynna, because Hyrule is too mainstream.
The hardest part to me was the Lightning Round mini-game, trying to get all bosses finished, and that's about it.

The Thunder Dragon's (Lanyru?) quest before you got to talk with him and get the part of the song. Oh my god. The profanity that shot out of my mouth humiliates me to this day. I actually remember giving poor Link a thorough apology after dying each time because I'm pretty sure I had insulted him to the point of suicide. It was BAD! :S

That's honestly hilarious too me. If only he could hear.

I have yet to complete the game but im on Ghirahim final. So im not sure if demise is hard or not. the hardest part was the 2nd and third silent realms and sky keep. i had problems switching the rooms around. i also hated the imprisoned. and the lanyru mining place boss. I nearly had a heart attack after that. then i nealy died when i had to fight it again FOR NO REASON in the pirate place.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
Ancient Cistern Boss, Sand Ship, Sky Keep, and Ghirahim the last time.

Some missions like the Lumpy Pumpkin Harp thing, Beedle's bug, Fledge's arrow game, and getting the Fun Fun island heart piece....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom