• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Hardest memory to Collect?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Hey guys! I was wondering which Memory you all found the hardest to collect, and why. I think the Hyrule Castle one was the hardest, but that's just me

I can't say the Hyrule Castle one was the worst/hardest for me, but it WAS a huge pain. Some of the memories in the open world were hard to pinpoint the exact location, but once I did it was easy enough to find the spot. I think the hardest one of those would be the one in the woods. It just took forever of going through wooded areas to find that one.

Now, the one at the castle I knew was there just from the pic ... but with the castle in ruins now, it was very hard for me to find that spot. Took me a LONG time, but at least I knew where it was and just had to keep looking until I found it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
They were progressively harder to collect in terms of willpower to get them as the more I collected the more I realised that none of them were any good and the next one probably wouldn't be either.

Depends when you go for them.

If you do the story beats at the beginning and get the photos from Impa and then make them a mission then i imagine a lot of them would be difficult.

Hyrule Castle would be a hard one to do early on.

I'd say the desert one too since the heat would drain what little health you had and you may not have anything to make potions with.

Last edited:

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Oh. Actually, the one on top of the Mountain was the hardest for me. I spent FOREVER looking on Death Mountain for that memory...

Night Owl

~Momentai
The hardest to locate is Probably the memory that is in the generic looking woods. There are just so many similar looking forests that there wasn't any way to figure out a position unless you blindly find it.

The toughest to get to is probably the one in hyrule castle. If you are just starting a game and aren't used to fighting guardians, you'll probably have a hard time getting to it.

I would suggest getting advice from Pikango. He's the painter found in various stables and some villages (like Kakariko & Lurelin) who view your photos and give you some pretty specific directions on where to find where they were taken. I've been very disciplined not to look any of them up on the net and strictly following his advice. He's not let me down and I still have about 2 left!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
For me it was the Hyrule castle one, because I found it unlikely it would be in the castle I looked all over the Akkala Tower because of that one guy talking about a battle having taken place there, so I assumed it was a memory related to the battle, lol.

The Death Mountain one I just stumbled upon accidentally, and for most of the others there was that guy who mentioned where to look.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
I can't tell you the hardest one, but I can definitely tell you the easiest (for me at least) : the Hyrule Castle memory. I had actually just completed Vah Medoh, and wanted to stock up on some good equipment for the next Divine Beasts. I decided to try and infiltrate Hyrule Castle tp grab some gear. As I was entering, I ended up climbing into Zelda's bedroom, and then saw a circle of light along the walkway outside. And that's how I got my first memory: completely by accident.

None of them were actually that difficult for me but the one in Eldin overlooking Woodland Tower irritated me quite a bit. A bunch of cliffs that all look the same and trying to determine which one to climb. The other one I had similar issue with was the final memory. Everything looks the same you just have to wander around aimlessly and look for the water and blah blah.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The one near the research facility ruins in Tabantha. I was searching for that one for a long time but I never found it until towards the end of my playthrough because I went to Tabantha last. So really, it was only hard because I just had never gone to the right place yet. The one on Death Mountain was a pain because it was hard to tell which cliff was the right one. It wasn't until much much later that I noticed there's actually a path near the Woodland Stable that leads up the mountainside straight to it... lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom