• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Mario Kart

What is the Hardest Mario Kart?

• Super Mario Kart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mario Kart 64

• Mario Kart: Super Circuit

• Mario Kart: Double Dash!!!

• Mario Kart DS

• Mario Kart Wii

• Mario Kart 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As my first thread of the new year I'd love to hear what you think the hardest Mario Kart game is. Personally, it's a toss up between Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!!, and Mario Kart Wii. But I'd love not to choose Wii because that game was simply unbalanced when it came to dispensing items. Feel free to elaborate on your choice below.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I would have to go with Super Mario Kart. The first in every series usually seems to be the hardest and they usually dumb it down the more they do.

As usual with racing games, I'll try to form a winner's stand for the hardest MK games:

3. Mario Kart Double Dash
2. Super Mario Kart
1. Mario Kart Wii!

The last one I have even not yet 100%ed it, though I consider myself quite a Mario Kart Pro! Can't say too much about the DS games though, I have only played some occasionally.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Super Mario Kart is the hardest for me, I just couldn't get used to the handling and because you didn't have items like Bullet Bill to swoop in and save you.

It is also because most series get easier over the years with the exception of Double Dash, which I felt was much harder than MK64 because of controls, new features and a 16 track Grand Prix.

rettam

I accidentally the...
64, because you can't mini-turbo AND it has the weirdest/worst steering in the series.

64, because you can't mini-turbo AND it has the weirdest/worst steering in the series.

Not to mention it's the worst looking game in the series.

Super Mario Kart is the hardest for me, I just couldn't get used to the handling and because you didn't have items like Bullet Bill to swoop in and save you.

It is also because most series get easier over the years with the exception of Double Dash, which I felt was much harder than MK64 because of controls, new features and a 16 track Grand Prix.

Yes, the All Cup Tour in Double Dash! is insane. Still can't get gold on 150 cc.

T

TND

I say Double Dash only because my brother and I just recently finished co-op'ing most of the cups, and some things in it are just plain unfair. We had 150cc All-Cup almost on lockdown before a blue spiked shell, star, chainchomp, and red shell got us back to back to back to back. That happened on several races.

I say Double Dash only because my brother and I just recently finished co-op'ing most of the cups, and some things in it are just plain unfair. We had 150cc All-Cup almost on lockdown before a blue spiked shell, star, chainchomp, and red shell got us back to back to back to back. That happened on several races.

Wii is even Mario chaotic but yes the All-Cup Tour gives Double Dash! the cake!

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
For me, it's either Super Mario Kart or Double Dash, but I'm going to go with Super, because it didn't have these newer items that can save you if you're behind.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Mario Kart: Double Dash. The need to drift on hard corners oftentimes made me fall off so many times that it quickly plunged to the bottom of my list. Tracks such as Rainbow Route/Road (don't remember which >.<) were nearly impossible due to how curvy they were, though a handful of the courses are also some of my favorites. It was nice seeing DK Mountain ported over to Mario Kart Wii and designed to be a little easier on that one turn...and the bridge most of all.

Not to mention it's the worst looking game in the series.

Only because the 64's graphics don't quite meet the standards of the GC's or even the Wii's. ;)

Mario Kart 64 is so hard i mean you have an old game with good graphics at the time but everything was extreme back then so you got top notch computers racing you

Mario Kart: Double Dash. The need to drift on hard corners oftentimes made me fall off so many times that it quickly plunged to the bottom of my list. Tracks such as Rainbow Route/Road (don't remember which >.<) were nearly impossible due to how curvy they were, though a handful of the courses are also some of my favorites. It was nice seeing DK Mountain ported over to Mario Kart Wii and designed to be a little easier on that one turn...and the bridge most of all.

Only because the 64's graphics don't quite meet the standards of the GC's or even the Wii's. ;)

Speaking of age, Super Mario Kart still looks better. ;)

Unfortunately the majority of N64 games looked hideous.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I say Super Mario Kart for the SNES because I have played it on its original system, and the controls are very difficult to manipulate. I found myself constantly bumping into walls. The more modern Mario Kart games are based so much more on luck than anything else, especially Mario Kart 7. I have horrible luck, so I can never play MKWii or MK7 without doing terrible, but I'm a beast at MK64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom